Sims 4 CAS cursor glitch

by iimlana

Original Post

Sims 4 CAS cursor glitch

★★★★★ Apprentice
In the sims 4 create a sim whenever I hover over a sim with the cursor to edit the sim body or face it's fine, but when I hover away from the sim the cursor thinks it's still on the sim. It's hard to explain.
So if my cursor is on the sims nose the cursor changes for the editing of the nose but when I move the cursor the cursor stays the name and the it shows the nose with the white mapping around it.
I tried searching this problem, but I see no one with it. It's pretty annoying when trying to edit a sim.
Message 3 of 40 (5,548 Views)

Sims 4 Cursor highlights unselected body parts in CAS

★ Novice

Im on Mac and I just installed vampires to my game (Not sure if this has anything to do with the bug), and every time I go into CAS, even if I'm editing a pre-made sim, my cursor glitches. Even if my cursor is at the top of the screen or the bottom, if I hold down and drag it will highlight a random body part and make me change it. Its like when you change a sim's facial feature, and you click on it and highlight it, hold and drag to move it where you want, and it changes the shape/size. But with this glitch even if I didn't go anywhere near a facial feature or body part with my cursor, it will highlight a random one and move it anyway. It's really frustrating when trying to rotate the sim or change one's features to my liking, and I haven't been able to make a vampire yet! HELP! (Btw, I have tried with CC off and it still happens, and I have no cursor issues outside of sims 4 CAS, and have never had any before installing vampires.)

Message 1 of 40 (5,442 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Cursor highlights unselected body parts in CAS

@Bellableu28

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

Are you using a Magic Mouse/Trackpad/Force Trackpad/3rd party device etc?

Can you please drag the Options.ini file from Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 to the Trash and then try your game again and see if the same thing happens?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 40 (5,429 Views)

Re: Sims 4 CAS cursor glitch

Have you tried a different mouse? Do you have any mods or CC (custom content)?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 40 (5,527 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I do not own a different mouse so I cannot try that method. 

I do have CC and different mods, but I removed them to see if that was the issue and repaired my game twice, but it was still glitchy.

I have looked everywhere online and I am seriously the only one with the problem.

Message 5 of 40 (5,520 Views)

I do suspect it might be your mouse, could you try and see if there is any dust in it? Is the mouse doing weird outside of the game?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 6 of 40 (5,512 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
My mouse works perfectly fine in game. It's just in create a sim. It's runs smoothly, just the game thinks my mouth is still hovering over the sim to edit it. :/
Message 7 of 40 (5,507 Views)

Can't reproduce. Do you have the mouse trail on by any chance? If so could you try without?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 8 of 40 (5,484 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I'm not sure exactly what mouse trail is. I don't know if Mac computers have that
Message 9 of 40 (5,479 Views)

I'm not sure either. I moved your post to the Mac forum. Maybe someone here will know what the issue is, and if it could be mouse trail.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 10 of 40 (5,460 Views)