Re: Sims 3 wont install cc into downloaded content MAC

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Sims 3 wont install cc into downloaded content MAC

★★★ Newbie

Hello, 

so the other day i was going to install cc and i put it into the packages folder in documents.electronic arts.sims 3.mods.packages

and then i download it into my downloads folder and then install it into downloaded content, it then shows its in downloaded content but then i press play and i go into CAS and its not there i go back into the sims 3 launcher and i go into downloaded content and its no longer there.

this has never happened before I've downloaded cc before and it worked so i dont understand why its doing this now..

PS my game is up to date 

Please Help! <3    

Message 1 of 4 (1,466 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @Emma__Horsez,

Welcome to the forums! Let me try to help Standard smile

Keep in mind there's a difference between mods and custom content. Mods are usually installed in The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder, while custom content is usually installed through the launcher.

Is your 'Installed content' tab also empty in the launcher? If it's not, please, make sure the option to 'Run without custom content' is not selected, as that would explain why your content is not showingup in game.

Cheers,

-Mai

Message 2 of 4 (1,438 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

hi @EA_Mai

yes my run without custom content is unchecked and my cc isn't in downloaded content because when i try and download it into there it doesnt stay there it goes back to the downloaded folder in the start menu 

Message 3 of 4 (1,425 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @Emma__Horsez,

Could you try to install something without using the launcher, and check if that way it goes to 'Installed content' tab, and shows in-game?

To install something without using the launcher, double click on it. You should get a window where you can see content is being installed.

Does that make any difference?

-Mai

Message 4 of 4 (1,412 Views)