Re: Sims 3 High End Loft won't load- gives a "Quit Unexpectedly" error

by azimuth7

Original Post

Sims 3 High End Loft won't load- gives a "Quit Unexpectedly" error.

★★★★ Novice

HI,

I just solved the "Disk Error' issue with my 2016 MacBook Pro, and all of my Sims 3 Expansion packs work except "High End Loft".  The first thing I noticed was that one of my saved games from my iMac gave an advisory that certain items would be replaced.  Then I found out that High End Loft is not working although it is downloaded.  Even with the folder copied as in the disk error tutorial, it will not work.  This happened once before on my iMac and I wound up having to uninstall everything and run the game update before loading all of the other expansions.  Does anyone have an alternate solution?

James

Message 1 of 10 (1,165 Views)

@azimuth7

Is it showing up as installed in the Launcher and in the Applications > The Sims 3 folder?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 10 (1,156 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It wouldn't even get to the launcher when I clicked on its icon.  I have since removed everything (I was rather wroth after going through all the trouble of copying the expansions to the Paradise transgamimg folder yesterday).   But in this case, I believe that you have to update it first when prompted before loading all of the other expansions.  That's what fixed it on my iMac.

James

Message 3 of 10 (1,148 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi,

I just reinstalled the Sims 3 base game, patched it, then reinstalled High End Loft Stuff.  I got the same error box-- "The Sims 3 High End Loft Quit Unexpectedly" which had a long list of comments and detailed computer language in it.  This is not the same as the "Unexpected Disc Error" that I dealt with before.  This was was the same error I got before and it appears to be some application issue.

I checked this time and it is listed in the installer (the highlighted icon at the bottom) and is also in the applications folder.

James

Message 4 of 10 (1,140 Views)

@azimuth7

Is Island Paradise the most recent EP you have installed? You don't have Movie Stuff or Into the Future? I methodically copied everything over pack by pack when I had to apply this fix, testing after installing each add-on. So after I installed Showtime, for example, I copied over the files from Master Suite into the Showtime folder then launched the game to make sure it worked. Then repeated for each subsequent EP/SP I installed.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 5 of 10 (1,125 Views)

★★★★ Novice
No I just have the base game loaded which will play but when I click the High End Loft icon I get a quit unexpectedly error dialogue box with a bunch of technical details why it wouldn't run with an option to send a report. This also happened where I had everything loaded up and everything ran when I clicked on the various icons (except for high-end loft) and it was a different error message than the one I previously got before copying the folders into the latest game (which was paradise island).
Message 6 of 10 (1,119 Views)

@azimuth7

When you uninstalled the game and all your EPs/SPs did you get rid of all the residual files? Using the uninstaller doesn't uninstall it properly. Have you also checked that the HEL files are in the right folder? If you just have the base game installed then you need to follow these instructions for just one EP/SP - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-Unknown-Error-issue-in-Sims-3-in-El-Capitan-Sier...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 7 of 10 (1,114 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I checked in the library and there were no Sims files whatsoever.  Also when I checked for HEL stuff being in the right folder, the whole folder was already there.  Just as it was the after I manually copied all of the necessary folders into Island Paradise when it was installed.

Also remember this is a different error than the message you get when the folders are not in the same place.  Maybe I can save or copy the dialogue box and send it another time.

Message 8 of 10 (1,105 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I tried it once again, and it did the same thing.  I'm attaching a PDF of the error message.  Perhaps you could give some insight how to resolve it.  Strange since it's the only thing that won't work.

Message 9 of 10 (1,101 Views)

@azimuth7

Neither your integrated Intel graphics nor the AMD Radeon GPU are supported in the game. HEL is one of the SPs badly affected by this incompatibility so you need to edit the graphics files. BUT, no one has yet posted what exactly they need to enter and I don't yet have an unsupported machine so you will need to experiment. The basic instructions are the same though, you can find them here.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 10 of 10 (1,025 Views)