Sims 3 Expansion Packs Don't Appear or Only certain ones Appear [Mac OS X]

by WebsSOTE

Original Post

Sims 3 Expansion Packs Don't Appear or Only certain ones Appear [Mac OS X]

★★★ Newbie

Hi there,

I'm putting this here as I seem to be running into a problem. I share a computer with my mother for Sims play (as I bought her the Sims 4 for Christmas, though this is not the problem--that version works completely fine), and I recently bought most of the expansion packs for the Sims 3 that we didn't have before or had to replace, as I plan to play that version due to extra content (I use the games for building and character references and blowing off steam when I'm in the mood to play Sims). now, the game installs and updates fine, but here's the problem. whenever I finish downloading an expansion pack, and launch the game, the launcher indicates that I don't have that pack installed to the base game. now, through the Installer it does give an odd warning about the base game being recent and saying the expansion pack may not be compatible and I need to check and update the game before installing, but not only is the game up to date, sometimes it'll actually have the pack appear installed on the launcher, but not any of the others. i did this doing the discs only first, and the problem appeared where it only had Generations, World Adventures, Into the Future and Supernatural Installed, but none of the others. I've uninstalled and put them back in using Origins, and it still does it, though now it's only University Life, Seasons and World Adventures again now.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I can't figure out how to get all of the expansion packs to appear in the launcher and ready to get despite them all being fully installed in the folder. If it helps, the version of the computer is 10.7.5, the Lion update (haven't helped update the Mac to El Capitan yet). I just want to mess around in the Sims 3 as nothing really interests me in the Sims 4 to prompt me to really work with it yet. please help as soon as possible.

if it also helps, here are the expansion packs I have so far:

Supernatural

Showtime

Seasons

University Life

Late Night

Island Paradise

Generations

World Adventures

Into the Future

Pets

I don't have Ambitions yet as that is the one that went missing and needs to be replaced. the Launcher Version says that it's also at version 1.67.2.024001, and won't update further, saying that it's up to date. thank you in advance for your help. I will get in contact with EA's help Desk if no suggestions or help given to this problem help fix it.

Message 1 of 2 (475 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Expansion Packs Don't Appear or Only certain ones Appear [Mac OS X]

@WebsSOTE

The message saying the game is more recent than expected can be ignored, it's because when the EP/SP came out the game was at a lower patch level.

I think you should uninstall everything Sims 3 related and start again. Please follow my instructions here to make sure you get rid of all residual files and also the best way to install the game Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (454 Views)