Re: The sims 4 start up error

by jennlouiseisles

Original Post

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

Hello, this does not work for me. My game is updated with all the new patches as well. Help !

Message 1 of 8 (434 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA app Team

Yes, from what you are telling us, some of the files might not have been downloaded or installed correctly. Let's make sure there are not corrupted files in your installation, ok? To do so, go to Origin, right click on the game in your Game Library and select Repair.

This process will check the game files and re-download any corrupted file.

Once finished, try to launch your game again, any luck?

Mai

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (417 Views)

All Replies

EA app Team

Hi @jennlouiseisles,

Could you check the error code is exactly the same? If it's not exactly the same, please, take a screenshot of it for us or copy it. Only one number makes a difference Wink

When are you getting this error, when you try to start the game after the loading screen?

-Mai

Message 2 of 8 (431 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, 
no my code is different, here is the code: 

[135dec40:697311fb6:00000068:00000000]

I click play on the sims 4 and the screen goes black, after about 5-10 seconds i get this error message. 

Thanks !

Message 3 of 8 (424 Views)

EA app Team

Thanks @jennlouiseisles. I have created a new thread for you because the error is different Wink

Are you using mods or custom content in your game? If so, could you please try to move your Mods folder to the desktop, and try to open your game again?

If that doesn't help, do you remember having made any changes in your computer just before this started to happen? Like, for example, updating the game, macOS, installing another app,...

-Mai

Message 4 of 8 (395 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, 
That didn't work unfortunately. 

Yes, the game updated yesterday just before I tried to play. 
The first time it tried to update, it got to 87% and my laptop went to sleep, i then had quite some trouble getting it to update again, but finally it updated. 
Throughout this process I had uninstalled and reinstalled origin about 3 times, so maybe all of this has something to do with it ? 

Thanks

Message 5 of 8 (386 Views)

EA app Team

Yes, from what you are telling us, some of the files might not have been downloaded or installed correctly. Let's make sure there are not corrupted files in your installation, ok? To do so, go to Origin, right click on the game in your Game Library and select Repair.

This process will check the game files and re-download any corrupted file.

Once finished, try to launch your game again, any luck?

Mai

Message 6 of 8 (418 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi 
Yep after repairing the game it has worked ! thankyou @EA_Mai 

Message 7 of 8 (373 Views)

EA app Team

I'm glad to read that @jennlouiseisles Standard smile  Enjoy the game!

-Mai

Message 8 of 8 (354 Views)