Re: My Sims 4 game won't open

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

★★★ Newbie
This honestly just happened to me and I managed to fix it by looking through some mods I had put in the game today. I had a lot of cc and mods I wanted and I didn't want to delete them all of course. So I sorted through all my files and right clicked on them and then clicked on sort by date and I saw everysingle one I put in on today and pulled them out . And my game started perfectly. So id say for anyone else just try taking out a couple mods . I even kept 3 so know I have to find this bad boy that caused the problem that's luckly not In the game anymore Standard smile I love mods and cc just have to figure out the safe ones happy simming Standard smile
Message 11 of 216 (27,345 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @iixv21,

Thanks for sharing your experience and how you solved the issue with the community Standard smile

For anyone wondering why some mods can stop working, you might find this article interesting: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/mods-and-the-sims-4-game-updates/

Happy simming! :eahigh_file:

-Mai

Message 12 of 216 (27,340 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

hey, been trying to get my game to open for two hours after cc shopping but nothing worked until i pulled out my sims 4 file. opened up my game but now everything's gone, i don't know what to do and i don't want to put the file back into the electronic arts file because i know it's gonna crash again, please help it's really ruining everything for me

Message 13 of 216 (27,334 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @MEG1020,

Have you considered following @iixv21's advice of sorting the files by date and removing the ones you installed during your 'cc shopping'? You can read their experience in her post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/My-Sims-4-game-won-t-open/m-p/6125390/highlight/true#M8310

-Mai

Message 14 of 216 (27,328 Views)

★ Novice

how much dpo u have to delete? I have deleted some but it still won't open i have around 400 cc

Message 15 of 216 (27,318 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @peachyvirgo,

If the issue is having incompatible custom content installed, then there's no way of knowing how much you will need to remove. Frown You will to keep removing until you find and remove the cc causing the issue. 

Some more information about this topic here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/mods-and-the-sims-4-game-updates/

I hope you find the problem soon!

-Mai

Message 16 of 216 (27,297 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hey all! If you ever encounter this issue again, take everything from your mod folder and move it to a temporary placement. Then, see if the game runs without it. If it does, it means something in your CC/mods is no longer working. A great way to determine which ones are causing this, is by downloading the Mod Conflict detector! [Edited by EA_Mai: links to third party software not allowed]

This will show you exactly what is causing the issue, and you can easily delete the items, just like that! Let me know if it helped any of you.

Happy simming!

Message 17 of 216 (26,998 Views)

@mariahahah

The mod conflict detector is Windows only, this is the Mac forum but thanks Tongue out

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 18 of 216 (26,993 Views)

★★ Novice

I did everything you said and when i press sims it goes straight to orgin

Message 19 of 216 (26,917 Views)

★★★ Newbie