MACbook unable to run with the video card in this system

by amymcdonald1989

Original Post

Accepted Solution

MACbook unable to run with the video card in this system

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

hi, I've bought an old Mac to play sims 4 and now I've downloaded it its coming up that the video card in this system won't support the game. Is there anything i can do to resolve this?

Message 1 of 10 (392 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: MACbook unable to run with the video card in this system

@amymcdonald1989,

You can't upgrade the graphics card/graphics chip on a MacBook. You need a new computer.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

View in thread

Message 4 of 10 (423 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

Hi @amymcdonald1989,

Your MacBook is almost 10 years old. You need at least a NVIDIA GeForce 320M, 9600M, 9400M, ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro with 256 MB of VRAM or higher, and your current graphic chip Intel GMA X3100 is not powerful enough to run The Sims 4 Frown

P.S: I deleted the picture because it showed your Mac's serial number.

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 2 of 10 (388 Views)

★★ Novice
Thank you for that!

Totally didn't think.

Is this a matter of buying a new upgrade for the graphics? If so is this expensive and difficult to do?
Message 3 of 10 (380 Views)

@amymcdonald1989,

You can't upgrade the graphics card/graphics chip on a MacBook. You need a new computer.

Message 4 of 10 (424 Views)

★★ Novice
Poosticks ok. What's the sort of age I am looking at?
Message 5 of 10 (372 Views)

@amymcdonald1989,

You mean age of the new computer?

Message 6 of 10 (370 Views)

★★ Novice
Yeah that's what I meant aprrr should have explained myself.
Message 7 of 10 (367 Views)

@amymcdonald1989,

If possible, buy a 2015 Mac or 2016. 2013 - 2012 should be fine, but it depends on the model and the graphics card it has. These are The Sims 4 system requirements for Mac OS X:

REQUIRED: Internet connection required for product activation.

MINIMUM SPECIFICATION

---------

PROCESSOR: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz Processor or better

VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce 320M, 9600M, 9400M,ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro or better. Video RAM of 256MB or better.

MEMORY: 4GB RAM

HARD DRIVE: 10 GB of Hard Drive space

INPUT: Keyboard and Mouse

Message 8 of 10 (362 Views)

★★ Novice
Hello again sorry to pester do you think sims 2/3 would work on my laptop? Xx
Message 9 of 10 (346 Views)

@amymcdonald1989,

The Sims 2 may be able to run on that Mac, but I doubt tha MacBook is compatible with The Sims 3, due to it's a very demanding game.

Message 10 of 10 (335 Views)