[MAC] Sims 3 late night can't be installed (installing file 635 out of 686)

by boinabox

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[MAC] Sims 3 late night can't be installed (installing file 635 out of 686)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I recently purchased Late Night expansion but it won't install on my Mac. It stopped installing at 'Installing file 635 out of 686' and wouldn't move at all. I tried to uninstall Sims 3 and other expansion and reinstall it again but the problem doesn't go away. I tried to clear catch and still doesn't work. What should I do? Thanks! 

Message 1 of 8 (1,985 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [MAC] Sims 3 late night can't be installed (installing file 635 out of 686)

Champion (Retired)

Hi again,

Look in Preferences in the Origin client and find the game installers. Delete the files relating to TS3 Late Night. Log out of the client, then back in, then you may be able to start redownloading.

If your installation is stuck on file xxx out of xxx, you may also wish to read this EA help page: https://help.ea.com/article/sims-3-on-mac-installation-stuck-at-32-or-34-files-troubleshooting

Caspin

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (2,314 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@boinabox wrote:

I recently purchased Late Night expansion but it won't install on my Mac. It stopped installing at 'Installing file 635 out of 686' and wouldn't move at all. I tried to uninstall Sims 3 and other expansion and reinstall it again but the problem doesn't go away. I tried to clear catch and still doesn't work. What should I do? Thanks! 

Hi

Are you trying to install from discs or from digital downloads through Origin?

Caspin

Message 2 of 8 (1,964 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi

I download it through Origin

Message 3 of 8 (1,962 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Hi again,

Look in Preferences in the Origin client and find the game installers. Delete the files relating to TS3 Late Night. Log out of the client, then back in, then you may be able to start redownloading.

If your installation is stuck on file xxx out of xxx, you may also wish to read this EA help page: https://help.ea.com/article/sims-3-on-mac-installation-stuck-at-32-or-34-files-troubleshooting

Caspin

Message 4 of 8 (2,315 Views)

★★ Novice

It works! Thank you so much Standard smile

Message 5 of 8 (1,945 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Great news, glad it worked. Enjoy your game!

Caspin

Message 6 of 8 (1,938 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have this problem, can you say the instructions more clearly or give me a link to somewhere that'll help?

Message 7 of 8 (1,247 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi @ShowersOfLiight,

Could you let us know in which steps are you having issues to understand the instructions? You are trying to follow the steps in this article, right?: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-3/sims-3-on-mac-installation-stuck-at-32-or-34-file...

Thanks!

-Mai

Message 8 of 8 (1,232 Views)