Is my Mac able to run TS4?

by jannahzul16

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Is my Mac able to run TS4?

★★★ Newbie

Hi everyone,

I wanted to play the Sims so badly on my mac. Unfortunately, my specs are lower than the min reqs recommended in the website. Will I still be able to run it though? Here are my specs: 

MacOS SIerra

Version 10.12.3

Processor: 1.4 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536MB

Thanks.

Message 1 of 2 (864 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Is my Mac able to run TS4?

Community Manager

@jannahzul16 Unfortunately I don't have anything more solid than a "probably".

Sometimes cards are below spec because they lack the "power" for rendering. However sometimes they will just lack fundamental technologies/rendering techniques. In the first case, the game will usually run, but with some frame issues. In the latter, the game won't run. 

As far as I'm aware the Intel 5000 card falls into the former category, and the game will run. You'll probably want to set your graphics settings as low as possible, and be aware that performance may dip as later expansions get more demanding. 

If I've been misinformed (though I do trust my source on this) and the game won't run at all you can put through a refund using the steps on this page: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/what-s-the-great-games-guarantee/

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (956 Views)

All Replies

Re: Is my Mac able to run TS4?

Community Manager

@jannahzul16 Unfortunately I don't have anything more solid than a "probably".

Sometimes cards are below spec because they lack the "power" for rendering. However sometimes they will just lack fundamental technologies/rendering techniques. In the first case, the game will usually run, but with some frame issues. In the latter, the game won't run. 

As far as I'm aware the Intel 5000 card falls into the former category, and the game will run. You'll probably want to set your graphics settings as low as possible, and be aware that performance may dip as later expansions get more demanding. 

If I've been misinformed (though I do trust my source on this) and the game won't run at all you can put through a refund using the steps on this page: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/what-s-the-great-games-guarantee/

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 2 (957 Views)