Re: HP TO MACBOOK AIR: FROZEN

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

HP TO MACBOOK AIR: FROZEN

★ Novice

So I first purchased Sims 3 last year on my HP laptop but then this year I got a MacBook Air. I re-downloaded my Sims 3 game to my MacBook Air and it lets me play for about 20 mins and then it freezes. The music still plays and I can move my mouse but the screen itself is frozen and stays frozen unless I restart my laptop. Could someone please help me with this?? Is there anyway for me to download the Mac version without buying the game all over, again?

Message 1 of 4 (627 Views)

@newlz

Buying the game again will make no difference so please don't do that!

MacBook Airs, great as they are, are not designed for gaming. They are lightweight, thin and simply not powerful enough for the demands that gaming puts on the machine. However, with all settings on low and elevating your Mac so it does not overheat you may be able to play for an hour or so at a time comfortably. Which MBA do you have specifically? You can find out here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4756...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 4 (610 Views)

★ Novice

I have a MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015) 

1.6 GHz Intel Core i5

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB

Message 3 of 4 (588 Views)

@newlz

Please read this thread - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-The-Sims-3-Issues-playing-on-newer-post-2013-Mac...

Your Mac's Intel HD 6000 graphics aren't supported in the game which is why you are having issues.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 4 (582 Views)