Re: Can not open the sims 4 after downloading one cc/mod on Mac

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Can not open the sims 4 after downloading one cc/mod on Mac

★★★ Newbie

Hello!

So today I downloaded my first custom content to The sims 4, from thesimsresource.com. I only downloaded one item.

It seemed fine and everything

went through. I could find the mod in my "Finder" and I after that dragged it to the "Electronic arts" map, to the "The sims 4" map and then to the "Mod" map.

This method of downloading mods, I found on youtube. I tried starting the game, to try out my new mod, but an error message came up. 

The error message said that "Can not open the game" and the error message also linked the map I put my mod in and also linked the mod itself. 

What should I do? I've downloaded mods before, to the sims 3, which worked perfectly fine, but now it doesn't work.

Did I do anything wrong?, do I need to download any programs which could help?, has It something to do with the mod? or is It a common mistake or 

am I just a noob?

Thank u so much for an answer, It would be really fun to play with mods and custom content again! Standard smile)

Sorry for my English btw  

Message 1 of 2 (244 Views)

Re: Can not open the sims 4 after downloading one cc/mod on Mac

EA app Team

Hi @mariatilly,

You seem to have installed the mod in the right place, and no, you don't need any additional programs to use mods. For some reason the mod you chose to download is not compatible with the game. 

I recommend you to take a look to this article for more information about mods that I hope you will find helpful: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/mods-and-the-sims-4-game-updates/

Let us know if you have any questions,

-Mai

Message 2 of 2 (233 Views)