[CURRENT ISSUE]Sims 3 'Unknown Error' in El Capitan and later OS versions

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: Mac: Error with sims 3 "Unknown Error Occurred" (after installing)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hey - thank you so much for trying to fix this for us all. But.. I'm still unable to open my game - it still says "Unknown Error Acooured", even after I went through your steps.

I tried coping the folder into each of my EPs, but nothing has worked. Now I uninstalled Late Night in every way, I am able to, but my game still will not open the launcher..

I tried un- and reinstalling alle of the games using Bluebellflora's guide - nothing has yet worked. Neither has reinstalling Origin or downloading the Super launcher...

I am really reaching the point of frustration. Thanks anyway! 

Message 81 of 532 (3,547 Views)

My sims 3 was working fine I installed sims 3 ambitions now sims won't work

★★★ Newbie

My sims 3, was working fine, I already have expansion packs. I decided to install ambitions and now sims is not loading and keeps saying unknown error occurred. I've tried many times to contact ea about the problem with in the last day and they're not replying. I've tried many solutions and they're not working. I was wondering if anyone had a solution, by the way i'm using a mac, which I heard this kind of thing happens on.

Message 82 of 532 (3,517 Views)

Re: My sims 3 was working fine I installed sims 3 ambitions now sims won't work

EA app Team

Hi @ameliabrooks12,

I've merged your post here because you are having the same issue we are talking about here. Please, read the first post in this thread for more information about your issue, and the second post for a possible solution for it.

Good luck,

Mai

Message 83 of 532 (3,508 Views)

Sims 3, Ambitions, Mac, "Unknown Error"

★ Novice

I have downloaded the sims 3 and a couple of expansion packs. However, the game worked fine until I added the ambitions expansion pack... This is all done through origin and downloaded on a Mac. Any suggestions? I have also reinstalled everything and it still pops up with an "unknown error". 

Message 84 of 532 (3,483 Views)

Re: Mac: Error with sims 3 "Unknown Error Occurred" (after installing)

★★★ Novice

Yay! Thank you so so so much. You are my hero. I will name a Sim after you and motherlode him up

Message 85 of 532 (3,487 Views)

Re: Sims 3, Ambitions, Mac, "Unknown Error"

EA app Team

Hi @jasmine5600,

I've merged your thread here because we are talking about your issue here. Please, take a look to the first post in this thread and to the post marked as solution, that should help Wink

-Mai

Message 86 of 532 (3,473 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE]'Unknown Error' issue in Sims 3 in El Capitan/Sierra macOS

★★★★ Novice

Hey sorry if this has been covered on here before already. I recently got the new MacBook pro and have been having no end of issues with the sims 3. I followed your instructions and installed the sims 3 and the super patch from your link and as I tried to launch the game, the unknown error message came up again! I am at a wit's end with all of this tbh and I just want to be able to play the sims 3 again :'( . 

I will try this again to see if it is a one off but would greatly appreciate any help!

Message 87 of 532 (3,447 Views)

@mattgstl

The fix you need to apply is in the Accepted Solution on this thread - second post, first page Standard smile 

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 88 of 532 (3,442 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora wrote:

@mattgstl

The fix you need to apply is in the Accepted Solution on this thread - second post, first page Standard smile 

Oops sorry I haven't used this site before I will have a go at that fix!

Thank you!!

Message 89 of 532 (3,436 Views)

Sims 3 wont launch after installing Ambitions on MacBook Air

★ Novice

Hey everyone! So I am having some trouble with installing Ambitions. After I installed Ambitions through Origin, the game will no longer launch. When i open The Sims 3.app I get a message that says "Unknown error occurred". In the pop-up window my only option is to click "OK" and once I do the application quits. The game worked perfectly fine before I installed the expansion. Please note that I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling a number of times now and it has not solved the problem. I have also tried using the "Super Patcher" to ensure i had the latest updates, which also didn't fix the problem. 

Here are my computer specs:

Model Name: MacBook Air

Model Identifier: MacBookAir6,2

Processor Name: Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 1.4 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 3 MB

Memory: 8 GB

Graphic/Video:

Intel HD Graphics 5000: