[CURRENT ISSUE]Sims 3 'Unknown Error' in El Capitan and later OS versions

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: Mac: Error with sims 3 "Unknown Error Occurred" (after installing)

★★ Novice
Thank you so so much! After trying so many things this worked for me! your instructions were clear and easy to follow. I dis the process with ambitions and fast lane and tried the launch. It was unsuccessful, but then I figured out I was also missing outdoor stuff and fast lane. I repeated the proces with those two as well and it worked! Thank you so much for posting this!
Message 131 of 532 (2,092 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I followed all of your instructions precisely and I still get the error.  The only thing I did different was copy the file for both Late Night and Ambitions.

Message 132 of 532 (2,082 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Thank you so much, you are a genius.
Message 133 of 532 (2,074 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ok, it worked for me but I was initially confused because there were alias folders of other expansions already there.  I went ahead and copied the full folders of the games that wouldn't run into the Paradise Island folder (The Electronics Arts one at the end of the Transgaming folder path) and it worked.  

The only recommendation I would have for other players would be to go ahead and install all of their current games first, then copy and past their folders as needed.   Initially I did it as I went along and found myself having to go through the process again after installing another expansion pack.  In my case, I had to copy and paste the Ambitions, Generations, and Late Night folders.  The other expansions had aliases already there.

One other thing is that for some reason, High End Loft will not run.  Whenever I click on it, whether I copied the folder or not, I get an error message saying that it has quit unexpectedly.  I suppose I deal with that another day.

Thank you for the solution on the disk error message - I would not have found it on my own.

James

Message 134 of 532 (2,060 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE]'Unknown Error' issue in Sims 3 in El Capitan/Sierra macOS

★ Novice

*ANOTHER SOLUTION FOR UNKNOWN ERROR CODE MAC AIR*

My problem began with generations. After 4 or so months with the game it would stop after 30 minutes, especially if I was editing a sim. For the past 3 days I have spent hour reinstalling and uninstalling origin and the sims 3 base pack plus all of the extensions. I came across the trick of copying the late night expansion pack folder (as seen in the video) and it worker! However, generations and pets didn't work still. What I did next worked! I copied the late night expansion folder and put it in generations c drive folder (again, the video will explain what I'm talking about) and generations launched. Did the same for pets and it worked as well. 

Basically follow the instructions in the video but also put the copy of late night (or whatever one doesn't work for you) and paste the folder in all of the other expansion packs c drive folders, you will probably notice the folder doesn't exist, but now it does and you're good to go. Hope this helps!

Message 135 of 532 (2,039 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I cannot find my Late Night folder when I go into The Electronic Arts folder. Does anyone know how to find it if it's missing?

Message 136 of 532 (2,003 Views)

★ Novice

I've been having the same issue, and this still didn't work for me!!! help Frown EA help has been useless for me

Message 137 of 532 (1,968 Views)

★ Novice
Tried everything, uninstalling, clean sweep, reinstalling everything multiple times. This is the only thing that worked.
Message 138 of 532 (1,960 Views)

★ Novice

Hi! 

I have a MacBook Air on macOS Sierra version 10.12.5 (Early 2015). I recently downloaded all of my sims 3 games ( generations, late night, pets, seasons, supernatural, town life stuff) through origin. After hours of downloading and installation, the "unknown error occurred" message came up. I uninstalled everything (even used an uninstaller to get EVERYTHING) and only reinstalled origin and sims 3 base game. It still would not work. Then, just for kicks, I downloaded and installed all my expansions again and did the thing where you copy the suspected game that doesn't work (Late Night) and go through all the steps (applications>sims3>[right click]>show package content> etc. ). I feel like I've tried everything but I'm hoping theres one more thing I could try. 

OH! And if this matters, I didn't buy these games through origin. I bought them all originally for PC and played them for years on a windows computer. I used the registration code to add them to origin. 

Hope you can help Standard smile

Message 139 of 532 (1,940 Views)

@vlovessims @truccieeboo

Please read this page about finding the LN folder.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 140 of 532 (1,937 Views)