[CURRENT ISSUE] The Sims 3 - Issues playing on newer (post 2013) Macs

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

PLEASE HELP SIMS 3 ON MAC GAME WONT WORK!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

So i bought the sims 3 to play on my MACBook pro 13 retina display 2015 through Origin installation whatever, i downloaded the starter pack which had the sims 3 with the expansion pack late night  etc... i installed the game it was fine it wouldn't load up i updated it and it wouldn't work at all so i did some research realised that my laptop wasn't compatible soo then i had to go through a process editing the graphis cards and rules whatever i did that the game worked i loaded up then i accidentally went out of the game long story short it didnt want to work after i updated it i uninstalled and reinstalled twice the launcher wouldn't load i did the TS3 the game showed up but now i am stuck with the sims 3 logo and the green diamond and the blue background in other words sims still won't load into play mode!!!! i am fed up because i just wanted to play the game now i can't ?? does anyone have any solutions if not i want my money back.

@Bluebellflora  please and thank you in advance

Message 81 of 274 (3,133 Views)

Re: [Mac] Issues playing on newer (post 2013) Macs

★★★ Novice

i've done this it was working fine i stepped out of my game and now i am back to square one i uninstalled it reinstalled twice!!! i did the same process but now it wont work help....

Message 82 of 274 (3,131 Views)

Re: [Mac] Issues playing on newer (post 2013) Macs

★★★ Novice

i realised the reason it wasnt working is because i changed my launcher to TS3 then i changed it back to the normal launcher it worked but then my town was all white but when i went to create a sim it was bugging out and slow and i was stuck in the game so i switched off my mac and switched it back on and now it won't work again back to the sims 3 blue background and diamond logo !!

HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS !

Message 83 of 274 (3,126 Views)

Re: PLEASE HELP SIMS 3 ON MAC GAME WONT WORK!

@MissJunia

Have you tried editing the files again? You've updated the game so your edits have probably been overridden by whatever update you did.

For refunds you would need to contact EA customer support - http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/

Moving this thread to the stickied thread, it's helpful for others to keep all related posts in the same place.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 84 of 274 (3,122 Views)

★★★ Novice

Helloo i edited the files again saved restarted my mac and tried to load the game still nothing.. i tried to get a refund but they still haven't gotten back to me yet .. does the sims 4 do the same ??

Message 85 of 274 (3,110 Views)

@MissJunia

No, Sims 4 is a new game so more recent graphics cards are supported. It is also natively written for OS X so the performance is above and beyond Sims 3.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 86 of 274 (2,561 Views)

Sims 3 wont let me play![mac]

[ Edited ]
★★ Newbie

I just downloaded sims 3 and when ever i try to play it and press the play button this notification pops up and wont let me play! what do i do?

@Bluebellflora  please and thank you in advance

Message 87 of 274 (2,513 Views)

Sims 3 Won't Launch[Mac]

[ Edited ]
★★ Newbie

Hi I am trying to launch my sims 3 game, but an error message keeps popping up that says "cannot start the process when the game is running, please quit the game and try again" even though there is no game running.. I've tried uninstalling and redownloading twice. Also I use a MAC OS X Yosemite. Can anyone help?

@daeatown moved your thread to the stickied help thread related to Sims 3 being incompatible on newer Macs. Please read the opening post. 

Message 88 of 274 (2,569 Views)

Re: Sims 3 wont let me play![mac]

Hero (Retired)

did you try just restarting the computer too

Message 89 of 274 (2,500 Views)

Re: Sims 3 wont let me play![mac]

@savymacias

Please read the stickied Mac thread about post-2013 Macs. The Sims 3 is not compatible on most newer Macs due to the graphics card not being supported. Your error message is one of the symptoms and is listed in the thread - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Mac-Issues-playing-on-newer-post-2013-Macs/m-p/4935394#U4935394

AHQSigImage.png
Message 90 of 274 (2,496 Views)