[CURRENT ISSUE] The Sims 3 - Issues playing on newer (post 2013) Macs

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: Unkown Error After Installing The Sims 3 Base Game?

★ Apprentice

I tried the workaround and I'm still getting 'unknown error occurred' when I try and launch just the base game. I don't even get to the launcher. Do I have to uninstall then reinstall the game? Is there anything I can do to make it work?

Message 51 of 274 (3,001 Views)

Re: Unkown Error After Installing The Sims 3 Base Game?

@AtopCloudNine wrote:

I tried the workaround and I'm still getting 'unknown error occurred' when I try and launch just the base game. I don't even get to the launcher. Do I have to uninstall then reinstall the game? Is there anything I can do to make it work?

@AtopCloudNine

Uninstalling and reinstalling won't work. The problem is the game is not compatible on your Mac if it is one of the ones listed. An uninstall and reinstall won't fix that, unless you try just the base game.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 52 of 274 (2,985 Views)

Re: Sims 3 wont work fro mack through origin

@ashleyfrombklyn

What Mac do you have? Click on the Apple icon in the top left corner of your desktop and select About This Mac. Please provide the following information (you may need to click on More Info depending on what operating system you're running:

- Operating System (Version)
- Mac model
- Processor
- Memory (RAM)
- Graphics

- Are you running any antivirus?

- Are you patched up to date? You should be on patch level 1.67
- Do you use CC/Mods? If so, have you tried removing them and seeing if that fixes your problem?
- What Expansion and Stuff Packs do you have installed?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 53 of 274 (675 Views)

[Mac] The Sims 3 wont open. ( Unknown error ) [ Ukjent feil oppstod]

★★★ Newbie

Hi. I just recently downloaded and installed origin on my macbook. And i got the sims 3 for it. Its finished installing, but when i click on PLAY. The game wont launch. It says ( Unknown error) in norwegian ( ukjent feil oppstod) and then it closes again. Can anyone please help me? 

Message 54 of 274 (1,442 Views)

Re: [Mac] The Sims 3 wont open. ( Unknown error ) [ Ukjent feil oppstod]

@henrik25565

Which Mac do you have, is it one  of the ones listed here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Mac-Issues-playing-on-newer-post-2013-Macs/m-p/4935394#U4935394 ?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 55 of 274 (1,432 Views)

1.67 won't download; game won't play[Mac]

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have Sims 3: Late Night, Showtime, and my base game all installed perfectly. I was relocated to China and wanted to install University Life. I got a new laptop (Macbook Pro) and installed Origin on there and installed all my games. Then, I bought UL on Amazon and got the instant code and installed it. Now the Sims 3 launcher opens, but doesn't have the UL icon lit up at the bottom of the screen. I tried to download the update, 1.67, and it WILL NOT download. If I press the 'play' button, the sims 3 diamond thing pops up for a fraction of a second and then crashes. Help??

@Bluebellflora  please and thank you in advance

Message 56 of 274 (712 Views)

Re: [Mac] Issues playing on newer (post 2013) Macs

★★ Novice

Hi, I saw this post today and I tried the steps you have posted.

The problem is, Sims 3 won't still work on my Mac.

It is a MacBook Pro 12,1 (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015), Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB.

Is there any solutions for this problem?

Thanks.

Message 57 of 274 (2,967 Views)

The Sims 3 Patch Download Unknown Error Occurred[Mac]

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello Technical Geniuses! 

We have a brand new Macbook Air 13 inch, early 2015. We have just downloaded and installed The Sims 3 from MacGameStore. Unfortunately, to play the game you need to download the latest patch. So we clicked download patch...minutes later it says "Unknown Error Occurred". 

So we tried to open it and then got the message "unknown error occurred." Then we installed it again (overwriting the first install). Downloaded patch only to get "unknown error occurred" once more.

Anyone know an amazing fix?

Thanks for your help!

Message 58 of 274 (728 Views)

**THE SIMS 3** // **MACBOOK 2015****PLEASE READ**

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I'm actually here for The Sims 3, but I just received a 2015 MacBook for Christmas and I'm having issues with The Sims 3. (The Sims 4 works perfectly fine and runs smoothly on my new MacBook) but the problem is, the graphics start out low so I go into my settings to change them to high, restart the game like it says and then I go back into the game, the main  menu is fine but back ingame the screen is white and you can't see your game. I don't think it's my laptop but can anyone help with this issue? Frown I really wanna play The Sims 3 again. Thank you! -Lynsey 

MY MAC DETAILS (IF NEEDED): ***!!!

** Version 10.11 

OS X El Capitan **

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

Processer: 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 8 GB 1867 MHz DDr3

Graphics**: Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB
(Serial number, if needed comment) <---- no this is a public form

Message 59 of 274 (1,149 Views)

Huge Let Down[Mac]

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello (im not new to sims)

Yesterday on december 25 i purchased sims 3 starter pack, sims 3 supernatural and pets. I downloaded them from origin since my mac does not have a CD drive because its a newer model. I was so excited to play and i downloaded all of my games and installed them, but when i tried to play the base game to see if it worked it was to my surprise that it was just stuck on sims loading page of the diamond that pops up after you hit play on the launch page.  I tried quitting sims and trying again but it would even close out. I had to force quit.  Every other time i tried to launch them game it would say "cannot play while game it running."  That doesn't even make since because i shut the game down and there is no way the game was running. I spent hours reasserting the problem and what i have concluded is that my computer is "too new" for the sims 3. I'm so disappointed because I've been playing the sims forever.Sims 3 is by far my favorite game.  Please tell me theres something I'm missing here and EA games does not sit on a throne of lies.

please and thank you,

Reanna Ruddick   

@rruddick Unfortunately you are correct, the game is not compatible on newer Macs due to the graphics cards not being supported. I have moved your post to the stickied Mac thread specifically related to this issue. Please read the opening post for more information and a possible workaround - BluebellFlora

Message 60 of 274 (2,966 Views)