Original Post

Re: a glitch in ts3 i guess

★★★★ Novice

ok bad news it didnt workDevil

Message 171 of 274 (496 Views)

@antishiba

Frown

It seems to be related to some specific EPs too but I've yet to manage to narrow it down (I'm dependent on others giving me info and trying stuff as I don't have an affected Mac). I think Late Night and Ambitions can screw it up. Best bet is to try loading after each EP is installed and edited then uninstall it if it breaks the game.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 172 of 274 (494 Views)

★★★★ Novice

alright ty

Message 173 of 274 (492 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 Won't Work on New Macbook

★★★ Newbie

Yes so I downloaded the version of origin and now when i open Sims 3 it says the game is already running?

@EA_Zoe wrote:

Hi everyone,

We would like to invite players who are experiencing issues with running The Sims 3 on recent Mac models to download and install this version of Origin:

https://eaassets-a.akamaihd.net/Origin-Client-Download/origin/forum/34349/Origin.dmg

This should help with compatibility and stability issues.

If you are still unable to launch or play the game after that, please come back to us.

@EA_Zoe wrote:

Hi everyone,

We would like to invite players who are experiencing issues with running The Sims 3 on recent Mac models to download and install this version of Origin:

https://eaassets-a.akamaihd.net/Origin-Client-Download/origin/forum/34349/Origin.dmg

This should help with compatibility and stability issues.

If you are still unable to launch or play the game after that, please come back to us.

Message 174 of 274 (478 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 Won't Work on New Macbook

@Faithy9786

Thanks for the feedback. Have you tried editing the graphics card files as linked to in the opening post?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 175 of 274 (474 Views)

Sims 3 Graphics Bug

★★ Novice

Hi,

I am experiencing a very annoying bug in Sims 3. My sims faces became smeared black after several minutes of gameplay, and during Create-A-Sim as well. Also during Create-A-Sim, the background buttons disappear, and I end up having to shut down my computer to turn it off. I have attached two pictures of what happen to my sims faces.

My computer information is below:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, late 2013)

Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel Iris 1536 MB

Someone PLEASE help me! This has been going on for months and I don't know what to do

Message 176 of 274 (566 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Graphics Bug

Hero (Retired)

@alexiskraft11

Moved to the Mac forums

@Bluebellflora  please and thank you in advance

Message 177 of 274 (559 Views)

@alexiskraft11

You've posted about this before over on the official Sims forum and unfortunately the answer over here is the same as over there - your Mac has incompatible graphics as the Intel Iris is not supported in the game. This is the reason why your game does not work properly Frown

I've moved your post to this stickied one which has the links and instructions you need in the opening post to try and get your game to work properly. I'm afraid you have to make these changes yourself to the graphics cards files, there is no other magic fix.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 178 of 274 (549 Views)

★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora

If I get Sims 4, will this problem go away? Is the Sims 4 compatible with my graphics card?

Message 179 of 274 (535 Views)

sims 3 not showing window, but sound is heard on macbook pro

★ Novice

I'm trying to play Sims 3 on the newest version of a macbook pro 13 with retina. i have 8gb of ram and am well above all the system requirements. i dl'd and installed the welcome pack that was on sale, so it was the sims 3, latenight expansion pack, and the high end loft stuff. i just installed them all at once, and when i opened it to play it loaded the first welcome screen all that stuff, and when i went to options and tried to change the resolution and settings so that it didn't looks so low res, it worked but then it made a picture in a picture. so of course it say to restart for changes to take place, so i went ahead and quit (since there is no restart option for sims 3)

but when i tried to open it again, the music plays like it's loading and starting up, it plays very loudly but nothing comes up on screen. i can click the icons and even looking at the menu for the program, under "windows" there's nothing to bring to the front or to minimize or maximize or anything it just plays and never shows up. so i uninstalled the expansions, same thing, restarted origin, same thing, and now i'm finally uninstalling and re-enstalling sims 3 altogether, without the expansions for now. i just want to know is changing the options, specifically the resolution, always gonna recreate this problem on my macbook? 

Message 180 of 274 (538 Views)