[CURRENT ISSUE] The Sims 3 - Disc Authorisation/No Disc Errors

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

SIMS 3 No Disc Found Error

★★★ Newbie

THIS IS DRIVING ME INSANE. IT SHOULD NOT BE THIS HARD TO PLAY A GAME THAT I SPEND SO MUCH MONEY ON.

Every single time I try to play Sims 3, I get it loaded up to the screen where you pick what save file to play and it says, "No Disc Found. Please Insert Game Disc."

I am aware that A LOT of people are having this problem but I have scoured through all the troubleshooting options and nothing has worked. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the base game and all my expansions SEVERAL TIMES OVER. I've deleted everything. Tried to do one expansion at a time. Tried to play with just the base game installed. I swear I have restart finger from all the times I tried restarting after deleting an expansion JUST to see if that worked. NOTHING. NOTHING HAS WORKED. I'm furious. I've tried the digital game as well and I GET THE SAME PROBLEM. WTF?!! It should not be this dang difficult to play a game I paid for!!!!! I never had this problem before but ever since the start of the year, I don't know if it was an update with my OS or what that did it but Sims 3 refuses to work completely. I'M SO ANNOYED BY THIS!!!!

If anyone can help, or just feels like joining in with their own feelings on this inconvenient annoyance, then feel free to respond please!!

Message 211 of 248 (950 Views)

Re: SIMS 3 No Disc Found Error

@ChibiRaccoon24

Moved your post to this one. As you can see it is a very common problem which is resolvable provided you follow the uninstall instructions and manual patch instructions properly. It happens to all Macs running El Capitan and Sierra.

If after downloading and installing the Origin version of the game you are still getting the error it will be because:

1. You didn't properly uninstall an EP/the whole game. Just using the uninstaller is not enough, you have to delve into your Library folders and manually trash specific files and folders.
  2. You haven't applied the correct patch for the digital version for the game.

All the help, links and instructions you need are in the opening post of this thread.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 212 of 248 (936 Views)

Re: SIMS 3 No Disc Found Error

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the move and response. I'll try and see if maybe it's the patch since I already went in and deleted everything manually. Thank you.

Message 213 of 248 (932 Views)

Game won't launch

★★★ Newbie

I have sims 3 and a bunch of different expansion packs that have always worked until a few months ago i downloaded El Capitan onto my mac computer and now my sims won't work. It gets past the launch menu and goes all the way to the main menu before a pop up says to insert the disk which is already been inserted. Ive tried uninstalling the most recent expansion and reinstalling it but its still not working. I have also tired to launch the game through Origins but the same pop up keep accruing.

Message 214 of 248 (839 Views)

Re: Game won't launch

EA Staff

@Aki-san77 Merged your thread with an existing one we have for the issue!

Could you please try the steps Bluebellflora recommends in the opening post of the thread: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-The-Sims-3-Disc-Authorisation-No-Disc-Errors/m-p...

Let us know how it goes!

- Kristi

Message 215 of 248 (814 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] The Sims 3 - Disc Authorisation/No Disc Errors

★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora

Thank you so much for your help.

I read your advise and followed them.
My codes have been used, so I tried to contact Origin to redeem my code by live chat. I live in Thailand I cannot contact them by phone. I kept trying and waiting for nothing for many hours.

Do you think I can contact them via email or else? Or I have to give up T^T
Message 216 of 248 (1,250 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @paratism,

Please, don't give up! Could you try the chat in another browser? Make sure you are not using add blockers which might be blocking the chat window Wink

-Mai

Message 217 of 248 (1,244 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Mai

Thank you so much for your help Standard smile
I used Safari and I stoped using ad block for this website. I will try other browser.
Message 218 of 248 (1,241 Views)

Disc authorization failure on Mac

★★★ Newbie

Hi everyone, 

I had some startup issues and changed in the textedit to skip the launcher which seemed to work, and then it said "Disc authorization has failed to determine if this is an authentic disc, please contact customer service". So I searched around and learned to delete the "DCCACHE" and "Downloads" Files from my documents folder. It worked perfectly for one time I played and now that trick doesn't work anymore. Any way to help?

Message 219 of 248 (1,213 Views)

Re: Disc authorization failure on Mac

EA app Team

Hi @jessicharming,

I merged your thread here because you seem to be having this same issue. Please, take a look to the first post in this thread for some useful information Wink

-Mai

Message 220 of 248 (1,193 Views)