Re: Upgraded to El Capitan HELP

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: Upgraded to El Capitan HELP

@paulinachristina

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 231 of 248 (1,078 Views)

Disc Authentication Failure - Macbook Air

★ Novice

Hi, 

I think I'm a little bit late to the party because I've seen a lot of people have had the same issue as me - or what seems like it. I recently (last night) installed The Sims 3 as well as 6 expansion packs onto my Macbook Air, and every time I try to launch the game, it comes up with "Disc Authentication Failure". What can I do?

Message 232 of 248 (1,026 Views)

Re: Disc Authentication Failure - Macbook Air

@taylorbenwell95

Moved your post to this thread as your issue is known and been around for several years now. Please read the opening post for further help and instructions.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 233 of 248 (1,007 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] The Sims 3 - Disc Authorisation/No Disc Errors

★★ Novice
I tried uninstalling it but I can’t because it’s doesnt give me the opstions of the games I can uninstall... I have 4 games installed and none of them show up
Message 234 of 248 (870 Views)

@shanna_ladino123

You need to uninstall a pack manually. All the links you need are provided in the opening post but if you’re still having difficulty finding the information, here it is again - https://bluebellflora.com/manually-uninstalling-an-expansion-or-stuff-pack-in-the-sims-3-for-mac/

AHQSigImage.png
Message 235 of 248 (867 Views)

★★ Novice
Okay so what do I do if I uninstalled it manually but installed it back again with the disk and now it won’t show up on the applications so I can re- uninstall it?
Message 236 of 248 (1,779 Views)

@shanna_ladino123

I'm afraid I don't understand. You managed to uninstall an Expansion/Stuff Pack manually but then you reinstalled it using the disc instead of the digital download?

If you can't see it in Applications then you need to uninstall it manually again....

AHQSigImage.png
Message 237 of 248 (1,778 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this problem and I manually uninstalled my sims 3 and my expansions packs. I reinstalled the sims 3 only and it said it to please insert the sims 3 disc and I don't have any expansion packs. I'm not sure what to do.

Message 238 of 248 (1,659 Views)

@ariany_aa  The most recent versions of mac OS will fail to authenticate a disc no matter what else you do.  As this thread states on its first page, the solution is to uninstall (at least) your most recent pack by release date and reinstall it through Origin so that you don't need a disc to run the game.  Since you've already uninstalled everything, it might be better to uninstall the base game again, clean out the relavant files that the uninstaller probably missed, and then reinstall the base game and all its packs through Origin.

https://bluebellflora.com/how-to-do-a-clean-uninstall-and-reinstall-on-a-mac/

If you reinstall and get the unknown error message, that's entirely fixable with two steps.  You can follow the instructions in the embedded video link in this thread, along with the link directly below the video:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-3-Unknown-Error-in-El-Capitan-Sierra-High/...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 239 of 248 (1,645 Views)

Re: Expansion pack will not let me play Sims 3[Mac]

★★★ Newbie

hello i bought all of the sims 3 expansions and the base game from a guy on ebay and it is telling me no * found i have tried everything and to no evail i have teamviewer so if there is anyone willing to get on there and sort everything out i would be exremely happy thank you...

Message 240 of 248 (1,465 Views)