[CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 3 Expansion Packs not downloading in Origin

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 Pets Expansion Pack Won't Download/install

@LGW_SIMS

There is a workaround which fixes the issue, please read the solution on the first page of this thread I have merged the posts into.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 41 of 131 (1,917 Views)

Re: Sims 3 expansion packs won't install - "add to queue"?

★★ Novice

So i tried the suggestion changing the preferences but when I clicked "browse installers" it led me to a "download cache" folder that was empty?

Message 42 of 131 (1,913 Views)

@LGW_SIMS

What do you mean you changed the Preferences? Have you changed the location where Origin downloads to?

Click on the EP to download it, you may need to click on the orange download button a couple of times before it downloads. Once it has downloaded (you can see the progress in Origin) you then click on Origin > Preferences then Installs & Saves then Browse Game Installers.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 43 of 131 (1,941 Views)

★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora - Also, I tried removing origin in the way suggested for macs but I had a problem when i reached this stage :"Go into Preferences and delete com.ea.origin.plist" because that file didnt exist to begin with! And then when I tried the other steps the files just reappeared again after I deleted them. So i tried moving the origin application to trash, and then reinstalled it from the place you suggested - still cannot download anything :/

Message 44 of 131 (1,941 Views)

★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora nothing happens at all when I click the orange download buttons

Message 45 of 131 (1,938 Views)

@LGW_SIMS

If you can't actually download anything then you have a connection issue. Let's try again:

1. Use the Origin reset tool - https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/
  2. Drag the Origin app from your Applications folder to the Trash. Empty the Trash, restart your Mac.
  3. Download Origin again from the website - https://www.origin.com/en-gb/download
  4. Install Origin, log in and try to download an EP. You should see the progress bar in Origin as it downloads.
  5. Once downloaded follow the steps in the accepted solution to open the installer manually

AHQSigImage.png
Message 46 of 131 (1,935 Views)

★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora thank you so much for your help, the problem seems to be fixed! The only problem I now have is not having the serial code to install my EPs, they weren't included in my confirmation emails for some reason. But thank you so much for the advice Standard smile

Message 47 of 131 (1,926 Views)

@LGW_SIMS

Great! You need to contact customer support for your codes - https://help.ea.com/uk/contact-us/

AHQSigImage.png
Message 48 of 131 (1,923 Views)

Re: Can't download new games(frustrated)

★ Novice

I am having this same problem.  I followed the steps to uninstall Origin (and the games) and when I got Origin back up and running nothing happens when I click download.

Message 49 of 131 (1,927 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@Bluebellflora Thank you so much! This fixed my issue! Just waiting to chat with EA about my registration code. 

Message 50 of 131 (1,917 Views)