Re: Sims Freeplay Police Glitch

by horse770

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Just had Another Police Sim freeze. This time there were two working a shift, so both of them are going to lose out on resources and xp this shift. I am not wasting more SP's to finish another shift early. Looks like they have known about this glitch for a while now and don't seem too interested in fixing it. Yet another reason to recommed people not start playing this game.

Message 11 of 25 (2,122 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@tiggernan

I Have found that tapping a couple of times on the frozen sim seems to get them going again.

Message 12 of 25 (2,112 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Unfortunately, that doesn't work. Another police sim is frozen, and the only way to get moving again is to either cancel or end the shift. Closing the game or restarting the device don't work either. He can stay there this time. Getting so frustrated with this game, just about ready to give up on it completely. 

Message 13 of 25 (2,077 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@tiggernan

Did you contact technical support? 

Message 14 of 25 (2,071 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did after the first sim froze, but never got a response. Typical from what i've read. This is the third one that froze. They can fix the good glitch that let more than 2 sims go to work at the police station at once, but they won't fix a glitch that inhibits gameplay. Not too keen to start the acting profession if it is going to have the same problems.

Message 15 of 25 (2,064 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@tiggernan

When you put in your trouble ticket if you did not get an automatic email from Firemonkey then they did not get the ticket. I would suggest you put in another one using the question mark selection in the game menu. It will fill out your game ID and mobile operating system as well as other info automatically.  The automatic email will give you a link to check the status of your request. You can also request updates from this like.

So far the acting occupation has not had any of the same problems.

Message 16 of 25 (2,062 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I do believe this issue has been fixed with last update.

Message 17 of 25 (2,051 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No it hasn't, sorry. 

Message 18 of 25 (1,894 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the very same problem as well (June 21, 2017) and no amount of closing the app and restarting is fixing the issue.  Now what?

Message 19 of 25 (1,826 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So after doing some tricks I found an answer...... 

Here are the steps that worked.

1) End your shift early

2) Go home

3) Go to a neighbors home or someone else in your town

4) Be nice to them for 1 minute

5) go home

6) go back to work and immediately start the action that said the area was in use.

It does not work all the time and when you return it may continue to do it again while you are a work so you will have to keep repeating the process.  Just make sure you save each time you come back to work.

And it failed again so this is a temp workaround only.  Even deleting the game and re0installing does not work.  

Message 20 of 25 (1,823 Views)