Re: No social networks available

by dankapotomusYT

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No social networks available

★★★ Newbie

I cannot connect Sims Free Play to my Facebook account on Kindle Fire.  When I go into Sims Account Manager, I receive the message "no social networks available".  Can someone help? 

Message 1 of 9 (19,888 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

I found out by googling my question that it's an age related issue.  My daughter  input that she was 8 years old when SIMS prompted the question and she couldn't access the cloud as a result.  We deleted the app and then reinstalled it with her age as 20 and voi la it worked!  Just to make sure that was indeed the root cause of the issue, we deleted the app once again and then reinstalled with her age as 8 and sure enough, she didn't have access to the cloud.  It sucks because she had been working in that app for over a year and was so excited to finally get a toddler.  I know nothing about the Sims, but it absolutely devastated her.  But such is life.  She's begun a new world and we know for sure this one will be backed up.  

View in thread

Message 3 of 9 (26,487 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @Eddleblute,

You may need to save your game first and then un-authorize and re-authorize the app on Facebook. You'll find detailed instructions on how to do so in this article: Facebook & Game Center Login Issues.

Keep us updated!

Message 2 of 9 (19,849 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I found out by googling my question that it's an age related issue.  My daughter  input that she was 8 years old when SIMS prompted the question and she couldn't access the cloud as a result.  We deleted the app and then reinstalled it with her age as 20 and voi la it worked!  Just to make sure that was indeed the root cause of the issue, we deleted the app once again and then reinstalled with her age as 8 and sure enough, she didn't have access to the cloud.  It sucks because she had been working in that app for over a year and was so excited to finally get a toddler.  I know nothing about the Sims, but it absolutely devastated her.  But such is life.  She's begun a new world and we know for sure this one will be backed up.  

Message 3 of 9 (26,488 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

That's great information @Eddleblute. Thank you so much for sharing the solution with us because I really didn't think about COPPA. Don't hesitate to come back if you have any question about the game.

Message 4 of 9 (19,840 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Oh OK. Thanks!

Message 5 of 9 (18,462 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can't log in to anything. 🙁

Message 6 of 9 (18,460 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Ikr its not right for the vets to have to reset we need to have this fixed and NOW!!!
Message 7 of 9 (18,160 Views)

★★★ Newbie
What about G+(GOOGLE+)
Message 8 of 9 (18,159 Views)

★★★ Newbie

google has canceled g+

Message 9 of 9 (5,658 Views)