How do u complete the higher education quest in sims freeplay?

by nicfive0

Original Post

How do u complete the higher education quest in sims freeplay?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

<moved to the Freeplay forum to receive better help>

How do u complete the higher education quest in sims Freeplay and once done how do u build its.

Message 1 of 8 (18,392 Views)

Re: How do u complete the higher education quest in sims freeplay?

★★ Novice

The higher education missions get unlocked after you click the 'guide me' button under the guy in the education section and do the inital missions: Building a grade school and expanding it when the annoying blond tells you to. Don't try and do the missions before they ask you, they will act like you didn't do it and you will waste money.

Soon, the woman tells you to place a education module on city hall, and found a community college. Build the education module and ignore the mission, saving money until she tells you we also need a high school. Build the high school. Unless you are going to have every kid in the region going to this city for schooling, I would recommend deleting the grade school and building the high school in its place, as the high school can hold 1000 kids per extra classroom.

Keep saving up money. At a random point before or after you complete the college mission, she will tell you we need a public library and a gymnasium module for the high school. The library looks like a grade school, but loans books to sims who are off of work and slowly educates them. The gym is a module on the high school. Both are $10,000.

Afterward, the woman will ask you to build a University. The difference between this and a community college are the university is more expensive, but raises ALL the tech level industry in your city and you can research very expensive but generally worthwhile modules and great works. I would destroy the college, as it's only going to draw students away from the university, which needs a certain amount of students to upgrade (1000 students need to attend in a day to reach level 2, 2000 for level 3, and so forth.). Or, better yet, save the cash and ignore that mission, the university mission will come anyway, then you can click the 'guide me' button again for the mission to stop coming up. Either way, a college and university at the same city are big no-no's.

At the university, a different person will pop out and say 1 of 2 things, or sometimes both of them will come out: the first is we should run on nuclear power now that we have smart enough sims to operate it safely, the other is that you should build a school of engineering on the university and research the vertical turbine for the wind farms. These missions are just to teach you how to use your educated sims and university. The nuclear power plant should definetley be taken, though it's 120 something thousand, but can generate enough power for every connected city with added modules. You should research the generation 2 power modules and the fast neutron reactor at the university, as they have less upkeep costs and give off way more power.

After you do one of these quests, the blond woman comes out once more and congratulates herself on making the city smarter. Congratulations to you! You have finished the quests!

Message 2 of 8 (18,100 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Where can I find the guide me button under what guy and where is the education section please
Message 3 of 8 (17,462 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This question is in reference to The Sims FreePlay, NOT SimCity.  I am also looking for the answer to completing the "Higher Education" quest.

Thanks for trying to help out, but the answer you supplied is for a completely different game.

Message 4 of 8 (16,739 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Still no help? This is getting ridiculous! I'm finding there is NO easy way to contact the people who know the answers! For those of u who answered,
Thank u for your help anyway!
Message 5 of 8 (16,453 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm sorry I didn't help you, and I am still waiting for an answer myself.  Have you built the first monument thing in the new area (with the volcano)?  I am working on getting the pieces for that and hoping it opens up the next phase of the "Higher Education" mission.  I have a cake, but cannot build the high school, even though it says I have completed both pieces that are necessary (there are checkmarks on both parts, but no building option).  The only new thing I don't have yet is the first monument.

Message 6 of 8 (15,817 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Me too have the ticks, goals disappeared
Message 7 of 8 (13,951 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for asking this question, I was also looking for the same question. Thanks to all for sharing such good answers.

Individualized tutoring

Message 8 of 8 (12,313 Views)