Re: Game crashes when opening The Sims Free Play for Android

by BlackberryKush77

Original Post

Game crashes when opening The Sims Free Play for Android

★★★ Newbie
I really need help when I star up my Sims Free play it works fine then when it gets to the EA page it crashes what is the explanation for this and plz help me figure it out
Message 1 of 4 (2,804 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It does the same for me on my Kindle Fire HD.  I have uninstalled multiple times, only to have it work maybe one a week.  Then it will let me play once, then crash the next time I try to open it.  Sometimes the EA page will come, and it will immediately close, other times (usually after it worked once) the screen will be black but I can hear the music.

Message 2 of 4 (2,516 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I haven't got the problem or the answer, but I'd like to do some troubleshooting with you (I'm not affiliated with EA or Firemonkeys, but I'm an IT Tech that enjoys this game and would like to try and help)

1)  Can you browse the web from your phone?  Immediately before opening.  Make sure your internet connection is good.

2)  Have you restarted your phone recently?  Try giving it a reboot.  IT can't hurt!

3)  How much available space do you have on your device?  Sims has a really large update that applies first time you install it.  If you don't have several hundred megabytes free, you maybe in trouble  (Yes.  Several HUNDREDS of megabytes.  Not 1 or 2.  But 300 or 400+ megabytes!)

4)  Is your phone 'stock'?  Have you rooted/modded it?  (This is not criticism, but more, it makes it harder to troubleshoot.  I run a cyanogen modded tablet that runs sims freeplay, so no judging from me!)

5)  If still having trouble, what Android device are you running?  What version of android is it running?

Dave

Message 3 of 4 (2,484 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hey Dave,
I know this is an old Post but I have this problem and yes
1) I can browse the internet all day long but, my internet connection via WiFi is at a hotel and always a bit laggy.
2) I restart my device several times a day
3) I have a 32G SD card that I put all of my gaming data onto from my device's internal storage. It's internal storage is also 4gb and both storage spaces have more than enough room for the single game and all he downloads that come with it
4) My device is Stock
5) My device is a Samsung Tablet Tab 3 and it's Android not sure exactly what version of Android it's running tho..
Thank you if you read and reply!!
Message 4 of 4 (1,817 Views)