Re: Cannot advance in movie studio

by danxtheman

Original Post

Cannot advance in movie studio

★★★ Newbie

My sims are unable to advance because they need to help an important sim but the important sim on the screen cannot be helped because I have to unlock the task by advancing the sim and building the next room. It's a Catch 22. And the important sim won't go away and be replaced by another important sim until I help it. Which I can't do. 

Message 1 of 6 (2,989 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@LM8623

The important sim will go away eventually. I had the same problem. 

Message 2 of 6 (2,975 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks!

Message 3 of 6 (2,967 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I kept having same problem it wants you to keep upgrading everything so you'll be forever trying to open another area because all the supplies collected have to go into upgrading so I quit the movie studio and got my Sims different professions
Message 4 of 6 (2,917 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@milabooellie2

You don't have to keep upgrading the work stations. I only upgrade if I need to make room for resources to build a new work station. 

Message 5 of 6 (2,915 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've also had this problem. I had deleted the app for a few months. When I re-downloaded it two months ago the important sim was still present. I cannot help this sim with my lack of ability to upgrade. I had my sims quit this job and take jobs at the Police Station instead. Even with no Sim working at the Movie Studio, they did not leave. I made a new Sim work there at Level 1 and they still haven't left. No idea what else to do to get my important Sim and the 2nd one I can't help to leave. New people showing up I am able to help.

Message 6 of 6 (2,662 Views)