All social tasks show as incomplete even though my sims completed the actions

by simoneea91

Original Post

All social tasks show as incomplete even though my sims completed the actions

★★ Newbie
I am unable to complete any social task. When a sim completes the task, the game does not recognize it as having been completed and the task remains. I've tried having the sim do the action again, I've even used LPs to skip the task I've already completed just to see if there was a glitch with that particular task, but the problem persists. My quests and regular tasks are working fine, I'm not sure why only the social tasks are unresponsive.
I've restarted the game and my phone. I have the updated version of FreePlay, I am using an iPhone 5c with iOS7.
This is a major issue, as I can not progress and gain any social points. The game is essentially un-playable.
Message 1 of 19 (10,471 Views)

Re: All social tasks show as incomplete even though my sims completed the actions

Community Manager

Can you try to uninstall and then reinstall the game please? Make sure that you save your content to the cloud before you do that though! Read here how to do that: The cloud FAQ

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 19 (10,389 Views)

Re: All social tasks show as incomplete even though my sims completed the action

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
I am having the same problem. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and that didn't correct it. My social point tasks stopped working when it got to the "catnap in a neighbor's house" task. I am now unable to earn any social points. I've tried repeatedly to complete the task in various houses or at different times and it didn't work. I finally skipped the task thinking it was a glitch (as the person above said), but the next task was stuck too. I've now skipped two and a third is stuck, and I refuse to waste any more LP on it. I've already invested $30 into LP and XP, and I don't want to spend any more money. Unfortunately I also won't be able to progress in the game without social points, so at this point I've just wasted money on a game I can't complete. Please help.
Message 3 of 19 (10,142 Views)

Re: All social tasks show as incomplete even though my sims completed the action

★★★ Newbie
I'm having the same issue. I just Uninstalled my game after backing it up, and reinstalled it. I just tried to do the preform auction using a neighbour's auctioneer podium for the third time... this time I used LP and it didn't work. I had the same issue with the plant onions in a neighbour's garden. The Uninstall/Reinstall doesn't work EA Games! Please come out with a bug fix!
Message 4 of 19 (10,095 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I think I figured it out. By neighbour's it means Facebook neighbour's from the party boat. I too thought it meant just going to one of my other sims houses. I tried the tasks at Facebook neighbour's houses and they all work!
Message 5 of 19 (10,088 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I've resolved this. I didn't realize you complete them at a Facebook neighbour's town. If you go to the party boat and click on a neighbour, you can complete the tasks there!
Message 6 of 19 (10,086 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thank you! I'll try that.
Message 7 of 19 (9,124 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I go to a neighbors town, connected through Google+, to try to complete the task of practicing a speech using a neighbors mirror but it never shows it as complete
Message 8 of 19 (7,617 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm getting the same problem- I'm stuck on practice speech and have already completed it twice, with 2 different sims in one of my facebook neighbour towns. What's going on?

Message 9 of 19 (7,358 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm getting the same problem. I've tried 3 different sims, one of them career is politician (lvl 3). Still not able to pass the task. Kindly assist.
Message 10 of 19 (7,275 Views)