why are adults having flirty conversations with my Sims kids?!

by PugLove888

Original Post

Accepted Solution

why are adults having flirty conversations with my Sims kids?!

Champion

Shocked why are adults having flirty conversations with my Sims kids?!    Sick  this is creeping me out!  I understand certain adults might be flirty or their might be flirty artwork etc. in the room at times, but this should NEVER result in a flirty conversation with children in the Sims!  This happens on any given lot with any given Sims and is not usually tied to their being a flirty mood inducing object nearby. 

Less disturbing but still annoying is I have had one of my Sims go out for what I thought was just a friendly meal with a Sim who called mine, and it turned out to be a date!  There was no hint of a romantic date in the text that came with their phone message, or I would have had some of my Sims decline!  This is all the more surprising since the Sims in question have never shared any romantic interactions, so I'm really puzzled! 

Also, why does any Teen or Adult Sim that I'm not controlling call up my Child Sims in the middle of the night asking them to go out to a party or a club, especially on a school night?!?  this is also creepy and annoying.

I've also got phone calls to my Sims of all ages saying either its "Boy's Night" or "Girl's Night", but the Sim they are calling is often not the right sex for this outing.  For example, Bella Goth might call up a male Sim of mine inviting them to "Girl's Night", or Mortimer will call up a female Sim of mine inviting them to "Boy's Night".  I find this insulting  that supposed friends of my Sims can't tell what sex they are!?! All my real life friends know if I'm male or female and would never get confused!  Large smile:eahigh_file: (And it isn't just Bella and Mortimer doing this, I just used them as an example). 

I realize this is really 4 different issues, but they seem to be a related bug, as if the game code cant' recognize the age or sex of the Sim in question. (I think I even got an Adult Sim asked if they wanted to skip school and play hooky a couple of times, but not as often as the other  incorrect invites! Large smile The ones with the children are the most troublesome because in real life this kind of situation is both creepy and dangerous!  Angry

Am I the only one with this problem?  I have no Mods or CC (that I know of) I'm not sure when I first noticed this problem , but it has been going on for some time: at least through several updates.  I kept thinking it would get solved, but it never has.Frown  Thanks!

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 1 of 9 (1,419 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: why are adults having flirty conversations with my Sims kids?!

Champion

The new patch said it fixed this issue, so here's hoping it really does! Angel  Thank God!  I haven't encountered it so far since the patch, so only time will tell.

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (1,178 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

The flirty children is something that should have been fixed a while ago.

Is your game all updated ? Willing to share your save ?

As for the text messages, this has all been reported here already: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-GT-Weird-Text-Messages/m-p/5022962

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (1,413 Views)

Champion

Crinrict, thanks for replying and giving me the link to the list of these types of bugs that have already been reported!  Angel

My game is up to date.  I would be happy to share my save, if I knew how to do it! Oops Could you please instruct me?  Embarrassed

Message 3 of 9 (1,396 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name and a tag-word of the issue.

It would be helpful if you save the game at a point where the parents are flirty with the children.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (1,390 Views)

Champion

The next time it happens, I will save the game and send the file to you!  Thanks! Star

Message 5 of 9 (1,384 Views)

Champion

I tried this but I messed up! Frown When I went to upload my zipped file to the Mediafire link, I tried to do what I thought was tagging it, but it wouldn't let me upload it that way.  So I thought maybe it is a 2 step process and I have to select the file first and then it would ask me to tag it, but it just proceeded to upload the file! I'm sorry I'm a dunce at these things! Disappointed  So now you have an anonymous save file cluttering up things.  The file is called Slot00000001

Also, my current household has a Sim child that this has happened to several times, but I couldn't make it happen before she aged to Teen.  However, the very next day after her birthday, an Elder Sim she knew and called her for a date at the Chez Llama.  The box was pink as if flirty and said something about "Opposites attract".  While not quite as bad as an adult having flirty conversations with a Child, it was still creepy and inappropriate, so that is the file that I saved and sent you!

If (due to my not understanding when and where to tag a file) you can't retrieve or find my file, please instruct me how to do it properly!  I apologize for my incompetence!  If you can open the file, I hope the message box is still visible because sometimes when I save a game and quite during a phone call my Sims get, when I play that house later the phone or text box message is gone.  I will play another family and try to see if a flirty conversation happens in person to my Sims and then save it.  I will also try it with an actual Child Sim and not a Teen Sim!  Thank you for your help! Heart

Message 6 of 9 (1,361 Views)

Hero

Thanks

I won't have time to try myself but I'll forward it to the team

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (1,356 Views)

Champion

Thanks for all your help Crinrict!  I will still try to save an instance of a face-to-face "flirty" conversation between an adult and a child and send it to ya'll!

Message 8 of 9 (1,278 Views)

Champion

The new patch said it fixed this issue, so here's hoping it really does! Angel  Thank God!  I haven't encountered it so far since the patch, so only time will tell.

Message 9 of 9 (1,179 Views)