move objects cheat (not downloaded mod!) not working properly?

by RainbowAra

Original Post

Accepted Solution

move objects cheat (not downloaded mod!) not working properly?

★★★ Novice

I was very happy when EA decided to implement the move objects cheat again because I love placing decorations EVERYWHERE so the houses I build actually look like someone's living in them Standard smile

But I realised that the cheat isn't what it's used to be. I can playe the objects all over another but when I save, exit and restart the game, the objects that couldn't have been placed without the cheat simply vanish. 

For example: I got an table with a computer on it, a plant, some pictures and maybe a plushed toy or two, all placed with the cheat and alt, I exited the game and resumed playing the next day but when I started, the computer was gone also the plant and a picture leaving the table with 3 small decorations behind!

It's really annoying and I wanted to ask if someone else have this problem? Or maybe had his problem and solved it already? And if you solved it, how?

(I delete the cache files every week or something to prevent some other issues as the cache files where the source for bugs and issues in the Sims 2 Wink)

(P.S.: I hope my English isn't that bad since I'm no native speaker :0)

Message 1 of 12 (9,933 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: move objects cheat (not downloaded mod!) not working properly?

Hero

Found this in another thread. Might help

@BryonyRae wrote:

... One thing I will note however, is that MOO'd objects disappearing upon loading a save game is a common occurrence.  In order to prevent it, it is actually better if you not only save with bb.moveobjects turned on, but also make sure you turn it on before re-entering your saved lot.  For instance, what I do is to load my save, enter an unrelated lot, turn bb.moveobjects on, and then enter my saved lot.  Since following that routine, I have not lost any MOO'd objects.  I have never lost any terrain paint though, under any conditions.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 12 (12,115 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Did you have the mod as well or never had that in ? It should still be there (only issue seems to be if you upload to the gallery). Any other mods that could be interfering ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (9,924 Views)

★★★ Novice

I had he mod in and the only other mods I am using are the same gender pregnancy and some costum traits and I don't think that these are interferring, but I'll try do take out the downloads and try if it's working,

Message 3 of 12 (9,921 Views)

Hero

Found this in another thread. Might help

@BryonyRae wrote:

... One thing I will note however, is that MOO'd objects disappearing upon loading a save game is a common occurrence.  In order to prevent it, it is actually better if you not only save with bb.moveobjects turned on, but also make sure you turn it on before re-entering your saved lot.  For instance, what I do is to load my save, enter an unrelated lot, turn bb.moveobjects on, and then enter my saved lot.  Since following that routine, I have not lost any MOO'd objects.  I have never lost any terrain paint though, under any conditions.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (12,116 Views)

★★★ Novice

thanks a lot! 

I tried it out several times now and it's working! :cathappy:

I can finally furnish my houses like I want to not like the game wants me too ;P

Message 5 of 12 (9,905 Views)

★★ Apprentice

So say for instance if I built a lot using moo, then uploaded it to the gallery. If I place the house on another lot, how can I prevent my objects from being misplaced? I've tried what was said and it didn't work. Pls help!

Message 6 of 12 (8,292 Views)

Hero

Tagging our moo-expert @BryonyRae

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 12 (8,283 Views)

Hero (Retired)

While this is a rare occurrence these days @iatioussimming85, it still can happen, especially if the lot is a different size or orientation.  What type of objects are being misplaced?  Were they placed inside the house or outside?  Note that that objects placed outside are more subject to displacement, and if they are elevated in height, will drop back down to the ground when placed (an issue since the beginning).  If you place the build on the original lot you used to build it, do objects still get displaced?  Is your build in the Gallery, so that I could download it and take a look?

Message 8 of 12 (8,274 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well. I cannot solve this because when i enter bb.moveobjects on it says nothing and not working.Frown

Message 9 of 12 (7,926 Views)

Hero

Did you put

testingcheatsenabled true 

and then 

bb.moveobjects on

?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 12 (7,917 Views)