The Sims 4 Downloading

by Kater_MaeLee

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 4 Downloading

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So I received a bundle pack for The Sims 4 for Christmas, which included Outdoor Retreat and Cool Kitchen Stuff. It was a download only, so I went to download it through Origin like normal. I typed in my redeem code, and it said it would begin the download. I waited for something to pop up, but nothing did. After a minute or two it said that the download was paused, and that "Origin needs to download files and is waiting for permission. Please choose 'Yes' when Windows prompts you for permission" . (It never gave me the option to begin with) I went to the drop down "Downloads Queued" but it said there was "no activity at this time." I figured nothing went through, so I tried re-entering my redeem code, but since it had already been typed in when I first used it, it wouldn't allow me to use it a second time. When I looked online for help, it says to go to "My Games" and retry, but it isn't even showing up in "My Games" or anywhere on my computer. I can't find a way to download it, or if it's a Sims issue or a Windows issue. Can someone help?

Message 1 of 8 (386 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 4 Downloading

EA Staff

@Kater_MaeLee Please make sure that your UAC is enabled and set to notify. Also please close Origin and when starting it again, please make sure to run it as Administrator and then try the download again.

Let us know how you get on!

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (362 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

@Kater_MaeLee Does Sims 4 base game itself show in Origin client? If so is the base game downloaded/installed? If the base game shows then the packs can be seen if you right click the base game tile in Origin client and select 'View Game Details.

Message 2 of 8 (369 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I found that, but when I try to download it, it says that it was paused because I need to choose "yes" when Windows prompts for permission. The only problem is, it doesn't ever ask for permission.

Message 3 of 8 (364 Views)

EA Staff

@Kater_MaeLee Please make sure that your UAC is enabled and set to notify. Also please close Origin and when starting it again, please make sure to run it as Administrator and then try the download again.

Let us know how you get on!

Message 4 of 8 (363 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just had tech support call me and they told me the exact same thing. It worked! Thank you!

Message 5 of 8 (351 Views)

EA Staff

@Kater_MaeLee Glad to hear!

Don't hesitate to come back to us if you run into any further trouble Standard smile

Message 6 of 8 (347 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much. I had the same problem and your advice has fixed it instantly.

Message 7 of 8 (250 Views)

EA Staff

Glad hear that Standard smile

Don't hesitate to come back to us if you have any questions, issues or advice for other player.

- Kristi

Message 8 of 8 (233 Views)