How do I do this ?
Message 31 of 45 (1,119 Views)

Re: Sims 4 won't install

Hero

Right-click on the Origin Icon on your desktop and choose: Run as administrator

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 45 (1,113 Views)

★★ Novice

I just downloaded the $9.99 Black Friday 75%discount Sims 4 base-game via Origin because lets face it, I wasn't going to buy something s elemental for 60 dollars... It downloaded... But now it can't install! It just sends a beam of light across the bar (is this fishing?) until it gives me an error message, something about a VC++ run-time redistributable package wasn't instilled successfully... and codes the message with "1602" at the end... They don't sell discs anymore and frankly, I think downloading is better and more secure and they're ceasing to build CD drives in newer gaming computers anyway... There is no code that I know of to enter into origin because it is a DOWNLOAD... If I can't fix this, then I'm going to have to consider it to be some kind of theft... too many people are having this problem and as a person who has called The Sims their favorite game since Sims 1 as a five year old, it would be really sad to have to talk to a lawyer about the many thousands of dollars made on a product that isn't...well... a product... I want to see the Sims 5 some day so please... please help me with this!

Message 33 of 45 (1,036 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Try this: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/your-vc-runtime-package-has-not-installed-correctly-err...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 45 (1,036 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here! I have tried EVERYTHING. I called EA and they helped me, and it still didn't work!  I even uninstalled Origin and deleted all of its caches and reinstalled it, still no solution.

Message 35 of 45 (1,026 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@princessteah wrote:

Same here! I have tried EVERYTHING. I called EA and they helped me, and it still didn't work!  I even uninstalled Origin and deleted all of its caches and reinstalled it, still no solution.

Answered in your own thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 36 of 45 (1,018 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My sims 4 won't download because it says disk full. What do I do?

Message 37 of 45 (916 Views)

Is your disk full? Do you have a other disk you can install the game on?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 38 of 45 (912 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem for two days, but i found a solution that worked for me.
1. delete sims 4 from control panel -> uninstall a program -> sims 4 + delete it from the folder in your C: "programfiles (x86) -> "origin games" -> "sims 4", just toss it in your trashcan
2. reinstall origin and run as an administrator.
3. delete your anti-virus programme form control panel (in my case, AVG free)
4. follow the steps in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9VJI_9Wf3Y
5. restart you pc (after you´ve done "4", you will get an option to do so, if not restart)
6. DO NOT reinstall your anti virus yet or do anything, except:  
Open origin -> downoad ONLY sims 4 (without expansionpack) -> when it´s done, open sims 4 to check if it works. 
7. If Sims 4 works, downoad the expansionpacks. Open Sims 4 after it is done to check if it works. 
8. restart your PC, download your anit- virus again. 
9. Run Sims 4 and play!

NOTE! In step "4"  i didn´t go back to enable the drivers/services one by one. I never touched it again. If you want to undo what you just did,  it is possible to do so by searching "msconfig" -> open -> folder "general" -> "normal startup"-> restart your computer. 

Hope this helps!

Message 39 of 45 (884 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I ran it as an administrator and it worked, thanks
Message 40 of 45 (828 Views)