Sims 4 black screen when selecting anything in build/buy

by Eyecatchingbaby

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 black screen when selecting anything in build/buy

★★★ Novice

Come on EA, FIX THIS or give us a solution. Build mode is half the game. Without it I am getting 50% of the content!!!

Message 51 of 244 (5,178 Views)

★★ Novice

Our Hard copy will arive in the post in the next few hours from Amozon, going to see if that makes a diffrence to the downloaded one, i geussing it wont but we shall see.

Message 52 of 244 (5,174 Views)

★★ Novice

@yic17 wrote:

Yep! Confirmed. 337.88 Nvidia driver works for me too! Thanks. =)

Edit: NEVERMIND. It only worked for once for some reason. Exited, went back in and got black screen again. Waiting for fix .....

Strange. My game still work as it should. But I also removed "lotcacheddata","localthumbcache","cache","cachestr" when tried to find solution before. Try to use older drivers.

Message 53 of 244 (5,165 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem with AMD card, dual monitors and I installed CD version. 

Game runs in low details (this may be the solution for now) when I build the house, I change to ultra and since then I have this problem.

Message 54 of 244 (5,182 Views)

★★ Novice

Guys i think i found a solution for this (at least its works for me)

Try to change resolution to 1600x1024 or 1280x800 .. Its solve my black screen problem! Hope this works for you too

Message 55 of 244 (5,159 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It is so sad that we, the players, are the ones who are trying to find solutions with EA's mess. I have tried almost everything so far, and still nothing. Alt+Tab worked for me at first, but now it just goes to black screen after I do that. I am getting so fed up.

Message 56 of 244 (5,145 Views)

★ Novice

Same here... paid for bugged game, so cool ... 

Message 57 of 244 (5,109 Views)

★★★ Novice

@NewAwakening93

Hey, it works!! THANKS!!

I still got black screen when I first click on an item, but once I do Alt + Tab then go back in, I was able to buy ALL the items now. =D

I switched from 1600 x 900 to 1280 x 800 btw.

Message 58 of 244 (5,101 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@NewAwakening93 haha, that totally worked! What a simple solution. I have  been talking to tech. support for days and they didn't even think to tell me that. You are.. genius. lolConfusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 59 of 244 (5,086 Views)

★★★★ Novice

What is this resolution everyone keeps talking about, because I do not have that as an option.

Message 60 of 244 (5,078 Views)