Re: Sims 4 black screen when selecting anything in build/buy

by EA_Mai

Original Post

EA app Team

Ok, @korlacey, could you then try this?: shut down your computer and disconnect all the usb devides in your computer (flash drives, headphones, etc.). If you have another mouse and/or keyboard at home, please use them instead of the ones you have now (just temporarily, to test).

Once you have disconnected all of them (you should have now only the monitor, mouse and keyboard), turn on the computer and try the game again.

Any change?

-Mai

Message 231 of 244 (468 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ok I will try this tomorrow and get back to you.  Thanks again!

Message 232 of 244 (459 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Mai

I just tried what you suggested and it did not work.

Message 233 of 244 (448 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @korlacey,

Could you try to uninstall your graphics card drivers and install the newest version available for your graphics card? You can download them here.

Good luck!

Mai

Message 234 of 244 (423 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi @korlacey,

How is this going? Did uninstalling and installing your graphics card drivers help? Standard smile

If not, could you tell us which other programs are you running in your computer while playing The Sims 4? (Antivirus, screen recorder, etc)

An updated dxdiag now that you updated your graphics card drivers would also be helpful Wink

Thank you,

Mai

Message 235 of 244 (394 Views)

★★★ Newbie

this is the only thing i found that actually worked for me! Hopefully it works permanently, but at least it worked! Thank you!

Message 236 of 244 (358 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am having the same issue so upsetting!!!!! I like my Sims 3 games just fine but I want to play sims 4! Like what the heck is going on? Hoping someone can help all of us!

Message 237 of 244 (288 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @sassycotton,

Let's try to find why your screen turns black when you select something in build mode! 

Have you already tried any suggestions in this thread? Like updating your Windows and your drivers? If you turn off Origin in game, it still doesn't work? (You can do that right clicking on the game, choosing Game Properties and selecting the option to disable it)

Let us know if that helps, or if you have already tried that Wink

-Mai

Message 238 of 244 (279 Views)

★★★ Novice

I uninstalled it for right now but could you teach me how to do the other things please?

Message 239 of 244 (272 Views)

EA app Team

Sure, @sassycotton!

Let's start with the drivers update. Standard smile  Could you please give us more technical information about your computer so we can take a look to which graphics card your computer has? A dxdiag would be very helpful. You can find instructions on how to get a dxdiag here, and you can attach it to your answer.

Thanks!

-Mai

Message 240 of 244 (269 Views)