Sims 4 Stuck on Loading Screen

by XxNooniexX

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Stuck on Loading Screen

★★ Apprentice

Hello,

Was wondering if you could help me. I have got the Limited Edition of Sims 4 and I have had it since its release date. I have been playing the game just fine up until yesterday but now it just hangs at the loading screen and doesnt let me get the the neighbourhood or any families that i have created. My laptop more than exceeds the specs required to run the game and other than now I havent had any issues running the game. I run the game normally and i get to he Main Menu and I am able to hit the 'Play' button but then it gets to the loading screen and I cannot get any further. It just stays 'Loading' forever, it doesnt look like its crashed so much as the words at the bottom are constantly changing and the loading bar moves around the plumbob repeatedly but its just a never ending cycle at this point. I'd really apprecite it if someone could help me.

Message 1 of 92 (353,561 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Stuck on Loading Screen

[ Edited ]
Hero

This issue is caused by custom content in most cases

If you want to f.ind out which of your files was causing the issue, the 50/50 Method explained here: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content is the fastest way

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 46 of 92 (251,112 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Try this: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 92 (353,134 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thank you very much, I'll give it a go and I'll get back to you once I've tested it all. Unfortunately theres very limiting things that could be disrupting the game as I have no mods at all or custom music and screenshots of any kind. I literally just have one family that I made myself. The rest of the time ive either been playing with them or in houses in the neighbourhood. I'm under the assumption that it was actually one of the pre-made families that caused the problem as that was the last family i used. In the end of my last session, the adult sim died and the child was supposed to be taken away by social services... This is the first time that happened since playing sims 4 so I don't know if that had something to do with it. Anyways, I'll do my testing and  I'll let you know how it goes in a little while.

Thanks very much for your help.

Message 3 of 92 (353,123 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hey, I was just wondering if you had found the issue of your problem and/or if you fixed it?

I'm having the same issue Frown
Message 4 of 92 (351,474 Views)

Hero

Did you try my suggestion above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 92 (351,455 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello Confusedmileyhappy:

I'm here about the problem that the people above me are having AS WELL as anothefr glitchy bug thing that caused this to happen in the first place.

I got The Sims 4 yesterday along with an Acer XC-605 to play it on. I installed and updated the game last night and I've been playing it smoothly all through today. I began with a man, woman, and daughter. The woman had triplets and twins and I decided to move out the daughter I started with and to play her instead. I moved her boyfriend into our household first then into the Goth household (her boyfriend is Alexander Goth). I wanted them to live on their own, so I made a person witha random look and name and placed him on the lot I wanted my couple to live in. I then used Manage Worlds to swap the couple with the random guy, so he now lives with the Goths.

I then got the couple married and preganant, and I wanted the woman to visit her old house to share the news with her family. I selected travel and clicked on the family on the map. It then went to the loading screen and loaded back onto the map. I was surprised, but tried again. This time, it asked me who I wanted to play, as in sims, so I selected my pregnant sim. It then went back to loading, then back to the map. I scoured the forums on this website but my phone died, so I tried to try again, but then it just stuck on the loading screen. I forced a shut down and tried again, and the same thing happened.

I'm really confused and it won't let me do anything. I just get this problemn each and every time. It would really help if someoen helped, because the game was my Chrsitmas present, and I've been waiting for The Sims 4 to come out since it was first mentioned on the Internet.

Message 6 of 92 (350,610 Views)

★★★ Newbie

umm just restar it :heart:

Message 7 of 92 (349,937 Views)

★★ Novice

MY Issue was Similar. The problems happened when I stared using MANAGE HOUSEHOLD. 

Message 8 of 92 (349,254 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I've had exactly the same problems, since mid-Dec and I got TS4 for my birthday in sept!! 

I've tried everything from formatting to facory spec, uninstalling, re installing and everything in between and nothing helps! its really driving me crazy!! 

It also happened at the same time as the Window's 8.1 update was released and I wondered if this had something to do with it? I don't know but either way I'm getting really bored of not being able to play!! 

Message 9 of 92 (348,588 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Resting your game does not work, I have had the same problem so I moved my household too a different lot. This fixed the problem but now when I try leaving the house it happens again.

EA needs to fix this in the next update. If anyone find a way to fix please tell me:heart:

Message 10 of 92 (345,561 Views)