Re: Sims 4: Lost data and game progress

by ikaikatroi

Original Post

Hero

You'll need to copy them back to the saves folder the game uses.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 37 (7,898 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The same problem just happened to me. I save all my sims to the gallery, but they were all goneFrown((((

Message 12 of 37 (7,863 Views)

Hero

Hi @SusanneMoholt1

are you talking about your local library or the online gallery ?

Did you try the suggestions in this thread ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 37 (7,851 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well now it has happened to me also.  BUT, I do have all my saved game files where they are supposed to be, however I am back at the create a sim beginning as well AND my saved library of sims and households is gone.   Even the EA chat guy is at a loss so far!  WTF???

Message 14 of 37 (7,845 Views)

Hero

Sounds like the game is using a different folder

Did you try the steps giving in this thread ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 37 (7,837 Views)

★ Novice

Look, I have this problem as well. I do not know how to stop it though. But how you can get your saved data back, just go to Documents, Electronic Arts, The Sims 4, saves, and then delete the slot you saved with the wrong data (might be the most recent one), load your game, and voila! It worked for me, but I do not know if it will work for you. Sorry, just giving advice...

Message 16 of 37 (7,354 Views)

★★★ Newbie

is slot_00000001.save.ver1 the same as slot_00000001.save

Message 17 of 37 (6,693 Views)

Hero
slot_00000001.save is the autosave and no longer used.

They are usually not the same though. ver1 is an older backup.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 37 (6,684 Views)

★ Novice

Well, what happened to me was when it got an update, I lost my progress. So then I was looking through my files and in my EA file, I saw "The Sims 4" But not in the direct file. It was empty. So I went to my old file (which wasn't working), moved all my saves, cc, and mods to the new file. It worked.

Message 19 of 37 (6,599 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I wanted to comment in case any other users had this problem. I use a MacBook Pro and my save file was empty, but I went to Finder < Go < Downloads and noticed that my game data actually had backed up, but it had offloaded onto the cloud instead of saving to the device itself. I was able to fix it after downloading again. Hope this helps!

Message 20 of 37 (6,491 Views)