Sims 4 Laptop Help

by SpyroSCENE

Original Post

Sims 4 Laptop Help

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi all,

I'm looking to replace my current laptop, it's very old and although it runs Sims 4 it is prone to overheating.

However, I'm really not very tech-savvy and I need some help in selecting one.  I've picked out this one an Acer Aspire thus far. Is this likely to play it? I am happy enough to play it on the lower settings.  (I also understand this does not have an optical drive but I have an online copy)

Acer Aspire ES 15 ES1-533-C1D8 - 15.6" - Celeron N3350 - 4 GB RAM - 500 GB HDD

Operating System Win 10 Home 64-bit

Processor

Graphics

Intel Celeron N3350 / 1.1 GHz (2.4 GHz) / 2 MB Cache

Intel HD Graphics 500
Memory 4 GB DDR3L
Storage 500 GB HDD / 5400 rpm
Optical Drive Nopticdrive
Display 15.6" LED backlight 1366 x 768 / HD

This is the only laptop I've selected so far. However, anything from here [http://www.littlewoods.com/electricals/laptops/e/b/4873.end?sort=price,1&pageNumber=2] up to £350 would be great.

Any assistance you guys could provide would be much appreciated Standard smile!

Thanks,

Aimee

Message 1 of 4 (1,961 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Laptop Help

Hero (Retired)

@SpyroSCENE The processor is under powered with integrated Intel graphics which will probably under perform. You will probably have issues with the sims 4 game.

Message 2 of 4 (1,938 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@roberta591Thank you for your reply Standard smile.

Would this still be the case if it is played on the lowest setting?

Message 3 of 4 (1,909 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@SpyroSCENE The sims games are demanding and even though you may only play the sims you need a computer able to run the game. The game code has elevated the game to the 3D graphics and at the very least an entry level gaming computer that meets or exceeds the minimum requirements. Integrated graphics and under powered cpus may work but probably have issues especially as the add on packs get more demanding. I play the Tombraider games and every generation meant a trip to the computer store. Try as I may the old computer needed to be upgraded or replaced for the game to run right.

Message 4 of 4 (1,900 Views)