Re: Sims 4 Crashing on intro

by nooraoohK_kasaP

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Crashing on intro

★★★★★ Novice

working fine at launch had no issues at all next day game wont start crashes at intro no matter what i do... 

i have searched the forum and tried everything 8hrs trying to get this game to work please someone help! 

DxDiag - http://pastebin.com/fLQGg9zK

Message 1 of 7 (4,710 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Nothings jumps out and bites me on the DXDiag.

------

I have not installed this game or know anything about it really.  This is the crazy time of year at my workplace, I barely have enough time to eat in a day let alone play a game and respond on this forum.

That said... I would look for the game's config files.  Probably found in a place like this:

C:\Users\<USER>\Documents\Sims 4

It might be in a Maxis folder or something.

You could try just renaming the entire folder to *Sims 4.BACK*  or something.  Relaunch the game and try again.

My thought is a setting is flipped and it doesn't like it.  By removing the config files most games will recreate them as defaults.  If something goes haywire you could try a Repair from Origin.. and if that doesn't help you can always just Rename the folder back.. no harm no foul.

------------

Does the game give a windows crash error box?

Can you post the details of that crash:

Start -> type "Reliability" -> View Reliability History -> Find Crash -> Right Click -> View Technical Details

-------

*edit

Oh yea Clean Boot of course... rule out software interfering

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

----

Reset nVidia 3D Profiles to default.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (4,987 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Nothings jumps out and bites me on the DXDiag.

------

I have not installed this game or know anything about it really.  This is the crazy time of year at my workplace, I barely have enough time to eat in a day let alone play a game and respond on this forum.

That said... I would look for the game's config files.  Probably found in a place like this:

C:\Users\<USER>\Documents\Sims 4

It might be in a Maxis folder or something.

You could try just renaming the entire folder to *Sims 4.BACK*  or something.  Relaunch the game and try again.

My thought is a setting is flipped and it doesn't like it.  By removing the config files most games will recreate them as defaults.  If something goes haywire you could try a Repair from Origin.. and if that doesn't help you can always just Rename the folder back.. no harm no foul.

------------

Does the game give a windows crash error box?

Can you post the details of that crash:

Start -> type "Reliability" -> View Reliability History -> Find Crash -> Right Click -> View Technical Details

-------

*edit

Oh yea Clean Boot of course... rule out software interfering

----

Reset nVidia 3D Profiles to default.

Message 2 of 7 (4,988 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

What part of the intro does it crash in?

Your DXDiag shows that your computer should handle the game easily. Have you tried repairing the game (right click> Repair game on game tile in Origin client)?

Might be worth going for a clean boot in case some software conflict is causing your issue:

Also you could try launching it in windowed mode, some user are having issues with full screen but somehow windowed mode runs fine. Add "-w" -without the quotes- to the Game Properties (right click on game tile in Origin client), save and launch.

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 3 of 7 (4,675 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Deleted all game saved files and folders

I Opened documents folder and open electronic arts folder and delete The Sims 4 folder start the game and it worked for me Standard smile thanks wootcandy your a legend!
Message 4 of 7 (4,645 Views)

Community Manager (retired)
If his post's helped you, don't forget to click the "XP" button at the bottom of his message to express your gratitude! Standard smile
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 5 of 7 (4,556 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@nooraoohK_kasaP Just another suggestion for people still having trouble.

None of the usual fixes worked for me, but I found a solution for my particular issue. Right click on the .exe "TS4_x64" found wherever your game is installed "c:/Games/TheSims4/Game/Bin" for example. Click on properties, then at the bottom click on Read Only and make sure it is checked.

I hope this helps someone else who had no luck with other solutions.
Message 6 of 7 (802 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @alainawillia please do not bump older threads such as this.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 7 (770 Views)