S4 Game won't load after update

by davina1221

Original Post

S4 Game won't load after update

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

No cc and no mods. Direct download

I have neither cc or mods and I can't get my game to load. I did get a pop up the first time from Windows. It said that windows can't load this screen saver. This happened after the blue line on the green icon stopped moving for a while. I think there is a conflict for some people with windows. I have Windows 8.1, also I did download the patch and the free Holiday stuff at the same time.

No issues loading until yesterday's patch and new Holiday stuff downloads.  It use to load super fast.

Also, saw around 5 others who were having this problem in the forums. 

Message 1 of 13 (483 Views)

Re: S4 Game won't load after update

★ Apprentice

I tried what one simmer said about taking tray out from the S4/EA folder and putting it on the desktop.  It ran fine although I didn't check to see if it showed my library or not.  Putting it back causes the freezes to resume.  I tried what they said about taking out tray, saves, mod folder, and options and deleting the S4 folder going into game and then exiting.  Going to the new S4 folder that it created by my going into game and putting the 4 files back in.  That didn't work and it still freezes.

Was wondering if EA/team is aware that some are dealing with this problem.  Besides the person on here that put that had my problem, I saw around 4 or 5 that also had it on the forums.  Thanks.

Message 2 of 13 (456 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

UPDATE: I let the game sit on the loading screen for a while and it eventually loaded. Perhaps the updated content takes a while to load.

Original Post: My game gets stuck on the loading screen and becomes unresponsive. I cannot play the game after the 12/16/14 update. I have no mods or CC.

Message 3 of 13 (451 Views)

Two different people have now reported that the problem seems to be with the most recent day's Tray files. One was able to remove only those; another was able to put back everything but those. 

Sul sul!
I don't work for EA, and I don't do private support.
I do receive products from EA as part of the EA Creator Network.
Have you backed up your Saves? Checked for broken and updated mods/CC?
Message 4 of 13 (446 Views)

Hero

@davina1221 Moved to general forum.

Try the suggestions given

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 13 (438 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same issue

Message 6 of 13 (427 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Not different from me!

Same issue

Message 7 of 13 (422 Views)

Hero

@msfortuknit wrote:

Same issue

Did you try the suggestions given in this thread ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 13 (409 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes, but when I try to go online it redownloads that stinkin holiday pack. So I now have to play in offline mode or not play at all.  This need to be fixed. Whatever was the last items in my tray really messed up my game.  So EA needs to fix this flaw.

Message 9 of 13 (397 Views)

★★★ Novice

When will this be fixed so we can play online again?

Message 10 of 13 (383 Views)