Re: [Info Request] Loading family just loads Map again

by PaNDiee

Original Post

★★ Novice

just to let you know that my game Is working when I moved the saves file to my desktop.  i will probably delete it as i am just starting over. This is not such a problem for me as i just played one day before the glitchy problems.   i can only imagine the aggravation from other players who have been playing their game for awhile now. I hope its figured out soon! Confusedmileyfrustrated:

Message 771 of 1,431 (4,294 Views)

whenever I try to open a house, it just goes back to the town

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

Whenever I go onto the town map, I click on a house whiich has one of my sims in, and click play. It takes me onto the loading screen, the about 15 seconds later it goes back to the town map again.

I can see that lots of people have had the same problem.

I am just using the basic downloaded version of the game.

The game started doing this when I took the disk out to put something else in, and the re-entered the disk a few days ater.

Do you have any idea how to fix the game?

thanks very much Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 772 of 1,431 (4,629 Views)

Hero

@hannahod12 Merged. Please refer to the first page

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 773 of 1,431 (4,608 Views)

Re: sims 4 can't play as the game returns to village map

★★★ Novice
I agree with you 100%. Its so frustrating.
Message 774 of 1,431 (4,599 Views)

★★★ Newbie

got this game for our daughter for christmas she had 4 days of playing it now it's impossible unless you like browsing the map.Confusedmileysad:

standard game no mods nothing 

Message 775 of 1,431 (4,536 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How is this still not fixed??!!! Have only been able to play this game once since buying it now.

Message 776 of 1,431 (4,529 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah its frustrating, when it happened to me for the 1st time I started a new game but just now I m having the same problem all over again -.- . Everytime I have alot of teens  in both worlds it goes back to the map view when I press load game. 

Message 777 of 1,431 (4,503 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm also having this issue!  
I don't have any custom content running or anything like that.  I've tried exiting and restarting the game, shutting down and restarting the computer, nothing is working.  

Message 778 of 1,431 (4,490 Views)

★ Novice
Gosh, lets hope they sort this out soon. It keeps happening over n over again :/
Message 779 of 1,431 (4,468 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Mother of christ... hours spent playing my legacy.. creating new comunity lots to see that the only solution its to start over?? Cant do that...  :womanfrustrated:

EDIT:  i've started the game with the pc and origin offline and I was able to open the households... Then I saw some "generic" ones and changed them to residential (after i kick some sims to the family manager)... tried several households and all of them worked.. going to try online after the lot type changed

EDIT 2 : Ok tried online upload some things from gallery and everything is fine! didnt remove saves tray or anything! no longer have the problem! Confusedmileyvery-happy: 

Maybe this bug is happening cause sims are livin in generic lots..

Message 780 of 1,431 (4,466 Views)