Origin says my Sims 4 Activation code has already been used.

by Cybertek13

Original Post

Origin says my Sims 4 Activation code has already been used.

★★★ Newbie

I bought my Sims 4 Disc at a Thrift Store with both discs and the Activation Code, but when I tried to enter it, a message popped up saying that the code had already been used. I was wondering whether there's anyway I can still play the game. Help?

Message 1 of 5 (8,622 Views)

Re: Origin says my Sims 4 Activation code has already been used.

I'm trying to register my game but it says the serial code is invalid/already used

Depending on the situation the solution to this may vary.

You bought the game on Origin
If you bought the game on Origin, it's not necessary to register the code anywhere. Download the Origin Client here: http://origin.com/download, login with the same email you bought the game with and find the game in the Game Library tab within the Origin Client to download. You don't need the serial code.

You bought the game on DVD and the box was sealed
Make sure you typed the code right. The following letters look very similar and are easily mistaken for each other

• 0, O and D
  • 8 and B
  • Z and 2

If it still says it's invalid, try taking it back to the store you bought it from and exchange it. If they are not willing to do that, contact an EA Game Advisor with proof of purchase ready.

You bought the game on DVD and the box was not sealed/it's a used game
Used games cannot be re-registered. Take it back to where you bought it and get a refund.

You bought a key from a key seller
Contact the key seller for a replacement. If you bought the game from a unauthorized seller, it's possible that EA blocked the key if they were bought fraudulently by the seller. You're better off to only buy from authorized sellers.

You have already registered the game yourself and are trying to reinstall the game
The game does not need to be registered again. Login in the Origin Client with the Email/PW you first registered the game on and download and install the game from there. The game only needs to be registered once and you won't need the code again after your initial registration. This is true for both the DVD and the download version. You can skip the activation step on reinstalling.

Source: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Serial-Codes-Game-Activation-and-Download-Issues/td-p/422823...

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 5 (8,596 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Cybertek13  The game code can only be entered in the system once. After that the code is locked to the account the was in use at that time. The code is an activation code. The discs are generic so you really don't need the disc to activate the game. What you are paying for is that code that entitles you to play the game. I recommend returning the game to the thrift store and see if you can get your money back.

Message 3 of 5 (8,585 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have just had the same experience. I know that sounds funny , but I do not remember having any problem buying used games before and not being able to play the game. I think it is probably EA is the only ones to do this but this has to be recent change, since I have no memory of it happening before! And all the answers people have been giving seems to be like it has never happen to them. There is already 38 people so far that have come on this website to announce that it did indeed happen to them also! Sounds like a money thing to ME! Angry

Message 4 of 5 (1,881 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @nextia1, please do not bump older threads like this.

If having an issue then please create a new thread with as much information as possible.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 5 of 5 (1,867 Views)