Origin installed, will not install sims 4...

by Giovannamarino

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin installed, will not install sims 4...

★★ Novice

i went to the store and bought the sims 4 premium edition... i tried installing it and it had me install origin first, which i did and everything with that is done. whenever i put the disc in it says " the sims 4" and tells me the steps to download it which includes being logged in origin, which i am.. so i hit continue and nothing happens it will not install the sims... this page pops up every time and i always hit continue and then nothing ever happens... HELP?!

Message 1 of 42 (78,787 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin installed, will not install sims 4...

Hero

Hey guys,

since we're mostly user here, we have no access to those reportIDs and can't really properly help.

The best thing to do at this point is to make your own thread and describe your issue in detail.

You can also contact a game advisor through the help center if you want EA to help you further.

Locking this thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 42 of 42 (22,757 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Did you figure it out yet?

i think i might have... not sure though.

i installed origin again and it brought me through a couple different steps.. and then it had me put the code in from the game. i did that and at first it said preparing for installation.. now it says copying? its only at 59% so we'll see but i think it might be working now.

Message 2 of 42 (78,431 Views)

★ Apprentice

so are u saying that we have to uninstall origin and install it back up again? won't that affect the sims 3 game saves?

Message 3 of 42 (77,543 Views)

EA app Team

@Giovannamarino @beeke404 

If you guys are seeing that clicking the orange "Continue" button from the DVD autorun results in nothing happening, would you be able to help us out? We're working hard to find out why this is happening for some folks, but we need more diagnostic information to help track it down.

If you're willing to help us diagnose this problem, please do the following:

- From the main Origin window, click 'Help'

- Select 'Origin Error Reporter'

- For 'Type of Error', select "Installing Games from Discs"

- Leave 'Customer Support Ticket Number' blank.

- In the text box, you can just write something like "Can't install from discs"

- Check the box if you agree (you can read what information we will collect here http://download.dm.origin.com/oer/en_US.html)

- Click "Send Report"

- Finally, copy your Report ID and paste it into a reply to this message so that we can investigate your report immediately.

Lastly, could you let us know if you're running any type of anti-virus program or other anti-malware software?

Message 4 of 42 (77,398 Views)

★★★ Newbie

06ea3e5a700052fa

Message 5 of 42 (76,913 Views)

★★★ Newbie

EA SUCKS!! Paid this much for a game that can't be istalled WTF!!!!!

Message 6 of 42 (76,895 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Sims4 will not install on my PC even though Origin says that the installaiton is complete. I have run the repair game files APP and it shows completed but stays stuck at "paused" before it ever really completes. Very disappointing considering the cost of this game.  Error Report Number is 06ea44b770005310

Message 7 of 42 (76,877 Views)

EA app Team

@Suzi_89 

It doesn't look like you are encountering the same issue as the OP - from your error report it appears that the install flow should be working, since you've redeemed the code and the game is in your library.

Could you try restarting Origin and logging in, then trying to start the install from the Disc once more? Once you hit the 'Continue' button from The Sims 4 DVD autorun, a few seconds later Origin should pop up a window to begin the installation. If that's not working, I'd need more details about what you see in order to help you out.

@OptimusChuckee 

It looks like you are encountering something different as well - from your error report it looks like there may have been an issue that occurred after successfully copying from the discs with the touchup installation process. You could try the following:

- Quit Origin.

- Navigate to the game install directory (C:\Program Files\Origin Games\The Sims 4)

- Go to the __Installer folder

- Right click "Touchup.exe" and select 'Create shortcut'.

- Right click the new "Touchup.exe - Shortcut" and select 'Properties'.

- Delete everything in the "Target" field and copy/paste this whole text in:

"C:\Program Files\Origin Games\The Sims 4\__Installer\Touchup.exe" install -locale en_US -installPath "C:\Program Files\Origin Games\The Sims 4\" -autologging -startmenuIcon=1 -desktopIcon=1

- Click "OK" to save the new shortcut.

- Run the new shortcut and wait for a minute or two while the installer runs in the background.

- Run Origin again and log in.

If that didn't work, you can send me a private message with the contents of the InstallLog.txt file which is located in the same C:\Program Files\Origin Games\The Sims 4\__Installer folder, and I'll take a look to see if I can figure out where it is failing.

Message 8 of 42 (76,833 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Says completed, however nothing happens when I click "play game"

Here's my Origin Report number 06ea72cd700053b9

Message 9 of 42 (76,753 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem as some people here...I just bought the game today and am trying to install it. It loads the screen with the orange 'continue' button and the CD drive makes noise like it's trying to read it, but nothing! No other screen loads. I thought it was maybe my CD drive but other CDs work and other people seem to be having this problem...it's getting incredibly frustrating, if I don't find a solution I'm returning the game Confusedmileymad:

Message 10 of 42 (76,673 Views)