Re: Blank Text Bubbles after installing Sims City Living

by crinrict

Original Post

Hero

Hi @cypriano3

merged your post.

Please try the suggestions on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 531 of 1,152 (2,178 Views)

★ Novice
I'm having the exact same problem so annoying 😡😡😡
Message 532 of 1,152 (2,178 Views)

Hero

Have you tried the suggestions on the first page ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 533 of 1,152 (2,172 Views)

★ Novice

Hi,

I have thoroughly tried all the solutions that you provided. I am only having this issue since Vampires GP came out this evening (morning for you, I assume). 

Purchase and installation was fine, I originally installed the game in Spanish (as the rest of my EPs and GPs and Base game) and the issue appeared. Reinstalled 3 times, tried the solutions you provided. Issue is persistent. Whenever I change the language to English there's no problem. As soon as I change it back to Spanish, issue reappears. I attach screenshots. Thank you.

Message 534 of 1,152 (2,147 Views)

Re: [ISSUE] Codes instead of text/ Blank text and bubbles

★★★ Newbie
Thnx Nils... Tried your way since I believed I wouldn't tamper with my game as much as the rename/reinstall method...

Now my game is completely reset! I had hours upon hours of gameplay that are now gone.. have to start over from scratch... Also the game went from English to Dutch even though I set Origin to English as well...

So empty bubbles are one thing.. now I'm really screwed. Don't try this one folks!!!!!
Message 535 of 1,152 (2,127 Views)

Hero

Did you set the game back to english after setting it to dutch ?

Dutch most likely has the user folder in a different language then english. If you et it back to english, your progress should be back.

Check your user folder to see if you now have to Sims folders in two different languages.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 536 of 1,152 (2,121 Views)

Sims City Living Options Blank

★★★ Newbie
Hi!
I downloaded City Living about a week ago and all of the options involved in this expansion on the computer are blank or absent.
I have a sim who is involved in the social media career and the option on the computer for social networking isn't there. I've tried with multiple sims all week. It's not working right.
Sorry for the blurry picture. I broke my phone camera. But you can see the top option is blank.
Am I just doing something wrong?
Message 537 of 1,152 (2,094 Views)

Re: Sims City Living Options Blank

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi @AshleyNicolezzzz,

Don't worry about the picture, it's enough to see what you mean.

I merged your post here because we are talking about your issue in this thread. Please, read the first post for some suggestions that could help Wink

-Mai

Message 538 of 1,152 (2,082 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Codes instead of text/ Blank text and bubbles

★★★ Newbie

Thank you thank you thank you soooooo much I've had a problem with this since the tap water/monster under the bed update. I have a mac and followed the steps and it worked! Toddlers now works with text and I can finally see the restaurant text options thank you soooooo much!

Message 539 of 1,152 (1,890 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I followed the instructions of the Codes instead of text / Blank text and bubbles but when I load up the game nothing has changed.

The blank text and bubbles are still there.

Also, on the origin page it shows:

Hours Played: 89 hours

Last Played: March 13, 2016

But this is not the case because The last time I played the sims 4 was today.  I'm not sure why the game does not register the correct hours and date that I played the game.

Message 540 of 1,152 (1,874 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help