My sims 4 had worked fine, now it says my video card won't work. Please help!

by purpleT123004

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My sims 4 had worked fine, now it says my video card won't work. Please help!

★★ Novice

I have a Radeon R5 M335 card on my laptop and its always been there.  I've been playing the sims 4 just fine, then today, something updated and now I get the error message: Can't run the sims with the video card in this system.  No one from EA has signed on for my chat.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled Origin.  I've updated my video card drivers.  I'm not techy, so can someone please help?  My dxDiag text is attached.

Message 1 of 6 (608 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [INFO REQUEST] Can’t run with the Video Card in this System

★★ Novice
Thanks for your advice. I tried everything and nothing worked so I backed up my files, reset my computer to factory settings and loaded everything back on. Now it works again!

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (628 Views)

All Replies

Re: My sims 4 had worked fine, now it says my video card won't work. Please hel

Hero

Since you have both a chip and a card, make sure both are updated. Maybe even reinstall your drivers (not just update but remove and reinstall)

Also make sure the game runs on the card: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Setting-Up-a-Graphics-Card-Gaming-Profile/td-p/5704790

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (597 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm not sure if this advice is outdated.  There is no 3D Application Settings to access on the gaming section of my AMD Radeon Settings window that pops up when I right click the desktop.

Message 3 of 6 (580 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey, 

Did you change any of the graphic settings or add any mod/cc the last time you played the game? It could be a simple case of re-installing the game or removing the last mod/cc you added.

Message 4 of 6 (576 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi,

Thanks.  Unfortunately, I just tried it and it did not work.

Message 5 of 6 (565 Views)

Re: [INFO REQUEST] Can’t run with the Video Card in this System

★★ Novice
Thanks for your advice. I tried everything and nothing worked so I backed up my files, reset my computer to factory settings and loaded everything back on. Now it works again!
Message 6 of 6 (629 Views)