Missing DLL: [msvcp120.dll] Error: 0xC1

by Gundevik

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Missing DLL: [msvcp120.dll] Error: 0xC1

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I keep getting this error when starting the game.

"Missing DLL: [msvcp120.dll] Error: 0xC1"

- I've tried to repair the game through origin
- I've uninstalled the game and reinstalled
- I've uninstalled Visual C++ Redistributable both x64 and x86
- I've uninstalled Origin and Reinstalled
- I've updated graphics driver
- I've updated Windows 7
- I've manually copied msvcp120.dll from Windows/SystemWOW and Windows/System32 into the Sims 4 folder
- I've restarted my computer

Never had this problem before with any other game, and I've been looking around for a solution for a while. I saw that it was a recurring problem with Battlefield 3/4, and could usually be fixed by changing the game settings in origin from 32bit to 64bit, but Sims 4 has no such options in Origin.

Help, please.

Message 1 of 25 (43,204 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Missing DLL: [msvcp120.dll] Error: 0xC1

★★★★★ Newbie

After moving the whole game over to my laptop and running a repair on the origin on my laptop, the game apparently works on both laptop and stationary if I use the files that were repaired on the laptop.

So I guess problem solved?

View in thread

Message 5 of 25 (47,527 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Is this something you've tried: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/invalid-license-battlefield-4/m-p/1729203 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 25 (43,130 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yeah, I've read through the whole thread before and tried everything, but I've had no success in trying the solutions.

The whole error just baffles me as it seems to be more origin related than actually game related, since the bug in itself has happened to several other origin games, albeit a different .dll file, it's still in the same class of .dll files.

Message 3 of 25 (43,125 Views)

Hero

You might be better of posting on the Origin board for now. I also don't think it's Sims related.

Please did have the same issue with the demo though.

Please do let us know if you find a solution though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 25 (43,120 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

After moving the whole game over to my laptop and running a repair on the origin on my laptop, the game apparently works on both laptop and stationary if I use the files that were repaired on the laptop.

So I guess problem solved?

Message 5 of 25 (47,528 Views)

Hero

If you can play, I would say so.

Just accept your post as solution Standard smile

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 25 (43,110 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was getting the same error but was able to fix it.  I'm running Windows 8.1 64bit.  After installing Sims 4 I was getting the missing DLL msvcp120.dll error 0xc1.  I went to the installation location of the sims (The Sims4/_Installer) and went into the vc/vc2013/redist folder and installed the vcredist_x86.exe (32 bit version).  It then resolved my issue.  Not sure why it needs the 32 bit version when my system is 64 bit, but it works.

Message 7 of 25 (43,014 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What worked for me, inexplicably, was running the VC installer x86 and choosing REPAIR, then doing the same with the x64 (REPAIR).

I had uninstalled and reinstalled them both several times, in different orders.  Finally chose repair instead of uninstall and it worked.

(How "repair" is better than uninstall/reinstall is anyone's guess, and further evidence that the entire registry system in Windows was a huge barking mistake and that restricting file access to Program Files was an even stupider one.)

Message 8 of 25 (42,944 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It totally worked for me !! Thank you so much !!

Somehow I wasn't able to launch Origin anymore, missing msvcp120.dll

I went to the Origin folder and installed the vcredist_x86.exe, and it fixed the issue !!

Message 9 of 25 (38,016 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also have this problem,but i had used the method of you was unused.And i use all method about this on the internet,aslo cannot help me.do you have other methods?
And hope you can know what is i said,my English is not good.

Message 10 of 25 (35,030 Views)