Re: Lots and sims disappearing with expansions

by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

Lots and sims disappearing with expansions

★ Novice

Hello there,

I've been playing the Sims 4 for quite a long time, but recently added "Get to Work," "Get Together," "Outdoor Retreat," and "City Living." Ever since then, it offers multiple save games for loading. Basically, it was originally all one big save game where all the sims you made lived happily together in the same universe, and now it's not. Not only that, but sims have been disappearing from the game, as if they never existed. My daughter spent all day making her own restaurant and saved it... and when we went back in so I could see it later, it was gone. We checked every save game that was offered from today, including the backup. GONE. Not in the gallery, nowhere at all. She's very upset. I am not even going to play this game again until this is fixed somehow. This has happened with old characters (that were made before installing expansions), and new characters made after they were installed. Does anyone else have these problems with the expansions? It NEVER did anything like this until I installed those expansions. Thanks for any ideas or sympathy.

Message 1 of 4 (259 Views)

What happens when you try to load a game?

Could you check if you have any files in: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 4 (253 Views)

★ Novice

When we load the game, her family is still there (in Windenburg) but her restaurant that they bought, (she named it Watsons) and built in Oasis Springs, is gone as if it never existed. There are many save files in the save directory, and I've tried loading the three files that were modified today with no luck. One was even a backup.  :/ Very frustrated.

As for me, I was playing originally with several characters in the same world (remember how it used to be just one continuous save game without multiple load game choices?). Then I made a new character in City Living, and the rest of our characters weren't in that particular save game, and the new character doesn't exist in the world if you load the other character's load game. I don't understand why they made it this way, I liked it the way it was (and I enjoyed the "one save game" style of the Sims 3, but this isn't behaving like that at all).

Message 3 of 4 (250 Views)

It has always been this way, only they moved the buttons around. It used to be this way:
http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/save-games/

This was done in the latest update. It's not pack related.

Your game might still be somewhere in the load option, so I suggest looking through there.

As for you daughters, it sounds like the game didn't save correctly. Could be she didn't save the game correctly or something went wrong with the computer.

Have you tried the auto-save? It's the one with '(auto)' behind it.

Other than that, do you have a program like OneDrive running, if so, that might have copied the files away.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 4 (246 Views)