Re: In the Sims 4 my child walks all the way to the pier to go to school.

by crinrict

Original Post

In the Sims 4 my child walks all the way to the pier to go to school.

★★ Novice
In the Sims 4 my child walks all the way to the pier to go to school. Her brother does not. This is making her extremely late every time as she walks through the whole neighborhood to get there.
Message 1 of 11 (407 Views)

Sounds like known bug, please try the solution given:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Running-Down-Street-For-Work-School/m-p/5...

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 11 (395 Views)

★★ Novice
These other posts are a couple years old and are not quite the same scenario. This only occurs when my female child goes to school. Keep in mind, my name child disappears in front of the house as he normally should. No other character does this. I even moved the household out, moved them back in, restarted the game and computer, and even used a cheat to change my female child trait for love of outdoors as old inferred that this could be the reason. However, this character continues to do this even with a different trait. ONLY she does it not her brother and it is before and after school.
Message 3 of 11 (385 Views)

It's not a bug that happens on every Sim. Did you try the solution? How did that go?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 11 (378 Views)

Champion

@Phantomlover1717 , that can't be right that "it's not a bug and happens to every Sim" since it only happens to one of her Sims and not the other.  It might usually happen, or it might happen to most Sims, or it might be that it is supposed to happen, but clearly one of her Sims has a problem, be it the female child that walks through the neighborhood to get to school and then back home, or it is the male child that disappears right in front of the house and returns the same way.Devil  Most Sims when they go to school or work will disappear in front of their houses and reappear afterwards. So I don't know what you mean by saying this isn't a bug(?)  I felt that JenEarthDragon described her problem clearly.

@JenEarthDragon , this has not happened to any of my Sims, be they child going to school or adult going to work. The only time they run through the neighborhood to go somewhere is when I have them on a lot or in a neighborhood that is not their home, such as the museum, or Chez Llama, or SanMyshuno, etc.  In that case they never just disappear, they always run through the neighborhood to get to a point where they can "teleport" home; they never do that to go to work or school!  It is extremely annoying when you are visiting the Von Haunt Estate with the giant Hedge Maze!  I've had soooo many Sims get stuck in that maze, and run through the whole maze and then across the rest of the neighborhood, and end up being late for school or work! Angry  But that can be controlled by not going to the Von Haunt estate -- your problem is so much more frustrating because it happens every time at the home of the Sim, which means it is unavoidable until it gets fixed! Devil  I hope you figure out what the problem is soon!  Best of luck! Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 11 (374 Views)

★★ Novice
Thanks for your response. Yes it is just the one child. Also I know it is not that she is assigned to another home as she has the home button showing when she gets back and ends up at the end of town. I moved to a whole other neighborhood and this still occurs and only with the female child. It is less time consuming in the neighborhood for her to walk bit it literally takes an hour game time so she is at school at past nine.
Message 6 of 11 (362 Views)

★★ Novice
I have done the solution you suggested over and over again. This doesn't solve it. I have moved homes, neighborhoods, changed her traits even.
Message 7 of 11 (361 Views)

Could you make sure the front door really is the front door and checked as that?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 8 of 11 (350 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@PugLove888 wrote:

... that can't be right that "it's not a bug and happens to every Sim" ...

That's not what @Phantomlover1717 wrote. She said that this is not a bug that happens on every Sim.

@JenEarthDragon

Would you be willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name and a tag-word of the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 11 (345 Views)

★★ Novice
I will try to do this. I haven't uploaded a game before.
Message 10 of 11 (333 Views)