[CURRENT ISSUE] Codes instead of text/ Blank text and bubbles

by crinrict

Original Post

Cant see my interactions or its number codes

★★★ Newbie

I cant see some of my interactions or it is blank and/or Number Codes and I don't know how to fix it any suggestions

Message 371 of 1,152 (16,692 Views)

Re: Cant see my interactions or its number codes

Hero

@RedGem1607 Merged. Please refer to first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 372 of 1,152 (16,689 Views)

Re: Strange Coding Text with in-game additions via Patches

★★★ Newbie
Yeah but did u have all the game pack outdoor life and updates does that all reinstall with it
Message 373 of 1,152 (16,688 Views)

Re: [Info Request] Codes instead of text - FIX

★★ Novice

This doesn't work for me! Tried it twice and still get codes and empty bubbles  Confusedmileymad: Confusedmileysad:

@ZeroFish122 wrote:

FIX:

The problem seems to lay in Origin's updating service (which ignores the language-specific files sometimes) and not The Sims 4. To fix this problem follow these steps:

• Close Origin (Click on "Origin" again and click "Exit")
  • Navigate to Origin's game install directory (default is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games")
  • Click on "The Sims 4" folder and press F2 and rename to "The Sims 4 Backup"
  • Open Origin again
  • Origin should think Sims 4 is not installed! This is normal. Click on Sims 4 and click Download. Accept all the popups asking language ect.
  • The game should now say "Downloading: 0%". At this point, close Origin again (Click Origin > Exit)
  • Go back to the installation folder and DELETE the new folder that says "The Sims 4"
  • Click on "The Sims 4 Backup" and press F2. Rename this back to "The Sims 4"
  • Open Origin again.
  • Origin will recognise the files and force an update on the game

Happy Simming!

Fish

Message 374 of 1,152 (16,684 Views)

Re: [ISSUE] Codes instead of text/ Blank text and bubbles

[ Edited ]
Hero

@RedGem1607 Did you just try it ? What dates do your language files have ?

@BettyTheSimmer Any mods ? What dates do your files have ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 375 of 1,152 (16,678 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi guys,

I hope someone has the same problem as I do so you can help... So I used to have the problem with the coding. It was kind of annoying but since I didn't have time to play much and all I didn't do anything about it. My sister recently bought the Get To Work EP (we share an origin account) so she installed it on her laptop and I went on installing it on mine. I think it works properly on hers at the moment. But here's the glitch: all the jobs are completely "ruined". First of all, all new jobs (medical for example, was the one I tried) are unplayable as everything is blank (skills needed, daily task - if there is one?). I thought it was normal but then when my sim was to go to work a completely blank pop up came up with just the medical logo. I clicked on a random answer and it took me to the hospital. When I got there, same thing, all the bubbles are completely blank, same for the tasks. I basically had to guess what I was supposed to do which is kind of pointless.

I then tried to join one of the old careers: same thing, no indiciation of the skills needed or daily task. And anything work related is just blank... 

I really wanted to try the game so I went ahead and installed it on my desk PC (which is obviously much more powerful than my laptop) and the same thing happened... 

I'm not one to go whine to the forums for evey glitch but this makes the EP unplayable which is kind of frustrating when you payed €40 for it right? Standard smile 

I really hope I don't have to reinstall everything...

Also: I bought the the Sims 4 in physical and get to work in digital (on origin). 

Sorry for the long post! I hope I can get this fixed soon :/

Message 376 of 1,152 (16,674 Views)

Hero

Did you try the solution in the first post ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 377 of 1,152 (16,672 Views)

Community Manager

If anyone else is still experiencing this issue, please try the below steps and report back afterwards.

1. Set the language within the Origin Client to EN_US:
      1. Click on Origin in the top left corner
      2. Select Application Settings
      3. Within the General tab, on the right hand side under Origin Client Language, select "English US" from the drop down menu
    2. Run a repair on the game:
      1. Click on the My Games Tab
      2. Right click The Sims 4 box
      3. Choose "Repair Game"

Cheers,

Nils

Message 378 of 1,152 (16,669 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I installed the 'Get to Work' expansion pack and when i click any objects that come with it the options to click on come up blank and i don't know what i'm clicking on Frown also any of the objects from the pack in the build/buy just come up as 'debug' Frown 

Message 379 of 1,152 (16,588 Views)

★ Novice
I tried the reinstalling/name change method and it worked! I can now see what I'm doing at work!
Message 380 of 1,152 (12,958 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help