[OPEN] Houses/Lots disappear

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: House Deleted

Hero

Hi @um_bunnys

merged your thread.

Please try the suggestions on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 211 of 557 (2,207 Views)

Disappearing lots

★★ Novice

Is anyone else experiencing this? Whenever I move my sim into a house, when I go to play it the house is gone. Every lot my sim visits disappears and there is only an empty lot. Why is everything disappearing? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Message 212 of 557 (2,184 Views)

Re: Disappearing lots

EA app Team

Hi @BathnBody,

I've merged your thread here because we are talking about this issue in this thread. Please, take a look to the first post in this thread for information and some suggestions.

Good luck,

Mai

Message 213 of 557 (2,175 Views)

Re: [INFO REQUEST] Houses/Lots disappear

★ Guide
  • Are you using mods and custom content in your game ? If no, did you remove or never use ?
  • No, never used
  • Do you download houses from the Gallery ?
  • Yes, I do
  • Which expansion do you have ?
  • City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Parenthood, Vampires, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat... and a few more
  • What's your operating system ?
  • Windows 10
  • Which house(s) are gone ? NPC Houses ? GTW lots ? Your own ?
  • A basic game house which I was playing with, at Willow Creek, plus another one I downloaded from the gallery, both at Willow Creek
  • When did this occur ? When you loaded the game or on traveling ?
  • I was playing, closed the game for good 8 - 10 hours, loaded and it was gone.
  • Is just the house gone from the lot or the Sims too ?
  • Just the house
  • How much disc space do you have left on your hard drive (the one where the user folder is in) ?
  • 2.54 TB
  • Anything else that comes to mind ?
  • This happened just after the installation of 5 packs (Get Together, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat...) 5 in total, purchased and installed the day of the issue.

HELP!! please

Message 214 of 557 (1,547 Views)

Hero

Have you tried replacing the houses ? Do they keep disappearing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 215 of 557 (1,538 Views)

★ Apprentice
My issue is the same except it's the 4 business lots in Willow Creek I replaced them and now they won't load when I travel there even in the game map they are gone also the neighboring buildings appear as the base game lots this has happened twice to me the first time I didn't save the second time I replaced the lots thought I fixed it and saved and it spread to the lots next to the first to on the right and went to the left

Yes I have mods ironically it happened after I removed outdated mods actually

I have all the packs and expansions

My operating system is windows 10

It's just the 4 community lots in Willow Creek

Sims Haven't disappeared unless they died on that lot then they get deleted and I have a mod to stop culling

And not sure on the rest
Message 216 of 557 (1,198 Views)

Hero

Hi @rosaide767

have you tried removing all the mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 217 of 557 (1,191 Views)

Get to Work lots are disappearing and messing the savegame.

★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Português
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1 - Go to Magnolia Promenade or any other career lot of Get to Work expansion. 2 - Replace all lots with new ones. In Magnolia try to put some restaurants, bars, night clubs, houses or even new retails. When in career lots, just replace them with other labs, police stations or hospitals from the gallery. 3 - After that save your game, play for a while and close it. 4 - When you load your game, the lots will not be there but their image will be in the map until you visit it.
What happens when the bug occurs? All lots disappear. If we try to replace them, they'll disappear again and again. If we visit them, happens the same.
What do you expect to see? The lots should not disappear even if we save the game, close and load it again. The game becomes unable to play if we can't change the lots.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm having some problems with my game and specifically with Get to Work lots.

I have the habit to change all lots when I create a new game, putting new ones and giving another usages, but this time the thing was different.

Basically in Magnolia Promenade or any other lots of Get to Work expansion the lots disappear after a time of gameplay and more certain when I save the game, load it and try to visit or play on them. 

In my case after loading the game, I had my first impression about this bug.

the sims 4 report bug.jpg

As you can see retails and restaurant are not checkmarked properly because they don't have the icon that indicates what kind of lot they are. So all lot in there became residential for some reason.

Entering on them I have new surprises.

report bug 3.jpg

I tought the lots just changed their type but they were deleted too. 

The other lots reveterd on their previous forms and If I enter on them, one by one disappear.

report bug 4.jpg

report bug 5.jpg

report bug 6.jpg

The last lot I checked was the one that has a family inside. 

So I decided to make a test and put a new lot AGAIN.

report bug 7.jpg

But when I go to map, this is what I find...

report bug 2.jpg

And lot revert to retail when visiting another lot in Magnolia and disappear after coming back.

report bug 8.jpg

With this I made a deep investigation to find what was really happening.

And then I noticed something curious in The Sims 4 folder...

report bug 9.jpg

If I remember in this folder we have files of all expansions and game packs that have neighborhood system and not just the vanilla game like in this picture that I taken from game. So files of Get to Work, City Living, Get Together, Vampires and  Outdoor Retreat should be there. Reinstalling the game and repairing is not recovering these files...

I don't know if that is something but it's just a observation.

MY COMPUTER SPECS:

Windows 10 x64 bits

NVIDIA GTX 785M 2GB 

Intel Core i7 7400MQ CPU 2.4GHz

16 RAM 

THINGS I TRIED TO SOLVE THIS:

1 - I tried the workarounds of this post http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/INFO-REQUEST-Houses-Lots-disappear/td-p/4620279 and this one http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/The-Sims-4-Get-to-Work-The-Lots-keep-disappearing/td-p/446... but didn't solve my problem.

2 - I already repaired.

3 - Backup is made.

4 - Reinstalling too.

5 - I tried a new game and the same happens.

MY SAVE GAME:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtmbQyEtx3iijr0JSsvWITqOHQ-6tg

No CC.

No Mods. 

Message 218 of 557 (1,188 Views)

Re: Get to Work lots are disappearing and messing the savegame.

Hero

Hi @ceunon20

merged your post with existing thread on the issue,

I'll forward your info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 219 of 557 (1,175 Views)

Re: Get to Work lots are disappearing and messing the savegame.

EA Sims Team

Hello @ceunon20

We're not able to see the problem with the steps that you've described.  Would you be able to share saves from before the issue occurs?  Unfortunately, saves with lots that are already missing aren't helpful to us for this issue.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 220 of 557 (1,149 Views)