How do I rotate an entire lot?

by slothhugs

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do I rotate an entire lot?

★★★ Newbie

My house that I got from the gallery is placed all wrong, I can't figure out how to rotate it so it's the right way

Message 1 of 13 (145,872 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How do I rotate an entire lot?

★★★ Newbie

This has probably already been solved but if you are still struggling head over to my blog because I WORKED IT OUT!!!! :D

http://alwaysandforeveremily.blogspot.co.uk/

View in thread

Message 8 of 13 (153,806 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

while in game go to build mode then in the menu at the top of the screen is 4way arrow click on that to move/rotate the house or use the shortcut U in build mode

move.png

Message 2 of 13 (145,814 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

That doesn't rotate the lot - it just rotates a house (or multiple houses by SHIFT-clicking).

Terrain paints, floor tiles and other objects outside the building(s) are not rotated.

In my case (probably the same as the opening poster), the lot is facing the wrong way: When I bulldoze it, the mailbox is at the opposite end to the road and faces away from it. (Then when I place any lot on it, the imported lot facing the wrong way).

Will there be an update with the ability to rotate a lot when placing it, like in Sims 3?

There's a similar thread at:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/778925/rotating-a-lot

Message 3 of 13 (145,774 Views)

★★ Novice

Shift Click the edge of the lot and use < > to rotate whole lot!!

Message 4 of 13 (145,650 Views)

Community Manager (retired)
I did not know either of these things and I have to say I am so happy, I built a house on the wrong side of a lot in one of the more affluent neighborhoods and I was feeling a bit silly with that wide expanse of greenery my sims always crossed before reaching the house, instead of coming from the street closest to them. Standard smile
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 5 of 13 (145,646 Views)

★★★ Newbie

does not work Frown

Message 6 of 13 (143,400 Views)

★★★ Newbie

To clarify, you need to shift click the house to highlight all things on the lot using the U function, then rotate.  At least this is what worked for me, and thanks for your original post I was so frustrated. =)

Message 7 of 13 (142,454 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This has probably already been solved but if you are still struggling head over to my blog because I WORKED IT OUT!!!! :D

http://alwaysandforeveremily.blogspot.co.uk/

Message 8 of 13 (153,807 Views)

Hero

It's something that was added after this post was made but thanks for posting.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 13 (137,797 Views)

★★ Novice

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 10 of 13 (131,709 Views)