[FAQ] Sims 4 Crashes

by crinrict

Original Post

[FAQ] Sims 4 Crashes

[ Edited ]
Hero

Crashes have many reasons and depending on when they occur, the solution is different. It might also be very specific to your setup since conflicts can also make your game crash.

Please check the tips below if any of these help you with your crashes. If they do not, please open YOUR OWN THREAD and include the following info:

• Your Computer's DxDiag. You can attach the file directly to your post.
  • Any critical events you find.
  • Attach the content of this file documents\electronicarts\thesims4\lastcrash.txt (or variations of it). You can attach the file directly to your post.
  • Are you using custom content or mods in your game ?
  • At what point does your game crash ?
  • Is the crashing random or is there a pattern ?
  • Is it an occasional crash or constant ?

General Tips

Known Crashing Issues

• Most crashes are caused by faulty custom content or below specs computers. Atm, there's no other known reproducible crash causes.

Common Crashing without solution

Below are a few common crashing situations where the cause is unknown. You can help identify by posting your own thread with the info asked above.

Startup Crashes

Spoiler

These crashes either occur right away on loading or within the first 5 minutes. There could be several reasons to them

Crashing while travelling/loading screens 

Spoiler

This seems to mostly happen on longer played games or computers with a 32 bit operating system. It might be that the game needs more RAM on the loading screen which makes the game crash.

Things you can try

• Close all background programs that need too much of your memory
  • Check in the task manager how much RAM the process ts4.exe uses and what your overall RAM usage is.
  • Upgrade to a 64 bit Operating system

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 1 (189,900 Views)