Re: Error code 22 loading game

by RachelAtkinson7

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

I had this issue on my MBP just days after installing the game. Worked with EA support chat trying to figure out a solution, as I wasn't comfortable moving random files around, in case there was another method/order I should have known. Did one of you state that you've been successful in getting back into your save, despite a corrupted save portion? We lost everything in my son's game, and all because of 1 file (out of maybe 8 or 10 in the directory?) The whole scratch folder was moved back just fine, which I thought would have been crucial... We were only able to get back into the game at all via a brand new Household, at this point (which we probably could have just done regardless). Moving the one offending file out, after gradually trying each was a solution, but that's not giving me a very bright outlook. I actually took the stance of returning it for a "Great Game" refund, if that would have been how I needed to get to a real live support person. I'm glad it didn't come to that, yet. And like I say, not a big loss overall, as it was just a couple days. But yikes, It's not like it had time to break! Any advice as to how to get back into the other would House be appreciated. Hopefully nothing like this happens ever again, but practically speaking I expect it quite often if it's already occurred. Know what I mean? I think the weirdest part was that I had been waiting for the support person to give me this list of files to check/repair, and his email was laughably short. I think things in this forum were already more descriptive. There is also a repair function in the right-click menu of Origin, which for me did nothing. Anyway, any advice as to how to still get back into my son's other game, would be appreciated.

Message 11 of 28 (3,645 Views)

★ Novice

@EA_David wrote:

Hey, try right-clicking the game panel and checking for updates, if you haven't already. However it's possible that there is corruption on the save folder. You can try moving things over gradually until you find the offending save file.

where do you move the files to??

Message 12 of 28 (3,430 Views)

★ Novice

What do you mean by moving things over gradually or what are you moving it to and from.

Message 13 of 28 (3,312 Views)

★★★ Newbie
What do you do afther you find the corrupted file??
Message 14 of 28 (3,139 Views)

Hero

Best to remove it from your game.

There's not really a way to make it work again if it's corrupted.

If you want, you could also upload the save somewhere and PM me the link so I can take a look if I can duplicate. It will be a moment though as I don't have access to my game for a while.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 28 (3,126 Views)

★★★ Newbie

could you help me with error code 22? ive done evreything you have said to do in the comments but my sims still is not working , any ideas??

Message 16 of 28 (2,495 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My game won't let  me make a new world but just start on the title screen

Message 17 of 28 (2,339 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hello, my game keeps coming up with Error code 22, unable to save game, please help
Message 18 of 28 (2,231 Views)

Hero

Try if it starts if you do a clean boot: https://help.ea.com/uk/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/ 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 28 (2,228 Views)

★★★ Newbie

what does that mean

Message 20 of 28 (2,141 Views)