Can you download Sims 4 without internet?

by shannonlouise98

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can you download Sims 4 without internet?

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I recently preordered and recieved my sims 4 to find out that it hasn't been released on macs yet, all household laptops are connected to wifi but we have one pc but it has no internet. I tried to download it today but it said I needed to log in to origin when I can't because I have no internet (it's so old it doesn't have wifi)

Any help would be great

Thanks

Message 1 of 9 (16,480 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can you download Sims 4 without internet?

★★★ Apprentice
Ahh ok. In that case you will have a few issues doing this. You will have to use a wired connection to at least install SIMS4

After the install you can put origin in offline mode and you will be good to go.

Dont forget to mark solutions and add xp for things that help you out Standard smile

Regards
Alex

View in thread

Message 5 of 9 (18,810 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Apprentice

Hello

Sims 4 MUST connect to the internet at least one time. 

After you do this you should be able to get it up and running.

Also I recommend going to mcdonalds. And do the download.

Message 2 of 9 (16,476 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Okay, so if I connect my pc to internet connection once, then move it back to its original place without internet will it work??

I would love to go to mcdonalds and use their wifi but it's a computer and it has no wifi (like its that old) Like we have wifi for our macs and stuff but the computer doesn't even have the option to connect!!! haha thanks Standard smile

Message 3 of 9 (16,473 Views)

★★ Apprentice

you know that wifi comes from somewhere right? Just plug the cable on your pc, dowload it, instal it, play it for the first time to register, than, disconnect the cable.

Message 4 of 9 (16,466 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Ahh ok. In that case you will have a few issues doing this. You will have to use a wired connection to at least install SIMS4

After the install you can put origin in offline mode and you will be good to go.

Dont forget to mark solutions and add xp for things that help you out Standard smile

Regards
Alex
Message 5 of 9 (18,811 Views)

★★★ Newbie

can you download the sime4 wihout internet

Message 6 of 9 (9,322 Views)

Hero

Hi @RACKYE16

downloading refers to the process of getting something from the internet to your computer so no, downloading anything without Internet is not possible

There are ways to install something from a disc which doesn't involve downloading but as Sims 4 requires registration you'll need internet.

Once you have activated the game on your account, you can play in offline mode

Hope this answers your question.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (9,303 Views)

★ Apprentice

@AlexWorkAccount wrote:

Regards
Alex

Has this been the case with all of the sims games? All PC games in general? I don’t remember having to connect to internet back then.. could’ve been too young to remember the install process. I get times are changing and it’s 2018 but for crying out loud not everyone has the internet.. should be able to pop in the disk I bought and play the game cuz.. well .. I own it?

Message 8 of 9 (6,973 Views)

Hero

Hi @sUperJennI0727

you can still install the game from the DVD but you will need Internet to activate the game. Before, there was aggressiv DRM software on the discs to make sure that you don't pirate a game. Today, this is done with Internet verification.

Also, patches are only available by downloading so, yes, Internet is kind of a must these days. After verifying/installing, you can turn it off though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (6,957 Views)